Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-10, 05:43 PM   #1
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Cabela's Prodigy casting reel 59.99

You guys might have seen this already, but in case I thought I'd throw this out there. Cabela's has the Prodigy marked down to 59.99. It's a fantastic reel at 99.00. I bought one earlier this summer and have had a blast with it. I put 20lb stealth on it and it can toss light to heavy baits with no headaches. I was really surprised to see it reduced this low. I think I've only had one nest with it in many days on the water. I mentioned this reel in a past thread and a few guys said they had a few. I can't recommend this enough for the money. I'm gonna order a few more at this price and I don't care what the wife says! It's light, adjusts well, and is built with above average Daiwa quality. Just thought I'd pass this along for those looking for a decent reel for peanuts.
Dave
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 06:49 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have a couple of them and I've realy enjoyed the heck outta them. If I was needing another reel I'd look into getting another one, especially at that price.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 10:26 AM   #3
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I have a couple of them and I've really enjoyed the heck outta them. If I was needing another reel I'd look into getting another one, especially at that price.
Hey Keithdog,
Did you ever pick up one of the PQ reels?. I've had mine out quite a bit and the more I use it, the more I like it. I may pick up another one when they go on sale again. I'd like to pick up a lower gear ratio model. They went back up to 99.00. I wish the Prodigy came in the lower gears as well. Both are excellent and seem worth well more than the price.
Hope the fishing has been good to you down there. The Smallies have been crazy up here. We received quite a bit of needed rain and the rivers came up and stabilized. I've hit a few over the three and a half pound range and quite a few topping two and a half. Looking for my first five plus of the season. I've also hit on some good Large mouth as well.
Take care,
Dave
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 03:23 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0943 View Post
Hey Keithdog,
Did you ever pick up one of the PQ reels?. I've had mine out quite a bit and the more I use it, the more I like it. I may pick up another one when they go on sale again. I'd like to pick up a lower gear ratio model. They went back up to 99.00. I wish the Prodigy came in the lower gears as well. Both are excellent and seem worth well more than the price.
Hope the fishing has been good to you down there. The Smallies have been crazy up here. We received quite a bit of needed rain and the rivers came up and stabilized. I've hit a few over the three and a half pound range and quite a few topping two and a half. Looking for my first five plus of the season. I've also hit on some good Large mouth as well.
Take care,
Dave
No I didn't. But I still might in the future when they go on sale again. I went to buy the reel only two find the sale had ended two days previously! So I figure I have enough reels to wait till another sale comes along. Hope you can hear me as I whisper, I don't want that darn monkey hearing any of this!!!
Sounds like your having a blast up there. Thats great. I had a great weekend last weekend but for the most part, things have been generally slow and tough. But last weekend they were on a feeding frenzy. Wish I could get back out this weekend but I won't be able to.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.