Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-07, 08:25 PM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default REVO question

InEccess and I are going to BPS this sunday. It will be my first time there. Do they have the REVO on stock? I think I might get one. I was wondering if the 7:1 model would be good as an all around reel, but mainly for buzzbaits and toads/frogs? I hope me loan comes through. lol

Bob
Old 01-11-07, 10:45 PM   #2
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Me fishin buddy bought one and loves it, I on the other hand got the Pflueger Summit. It is 6 of one, half dozen of the other on these two reels. The only real difference is the Summit is lighter by a half an ounce and hold less line. I think he bought the mid-range Revo. Nice reel. Tackletour.com did a write up on them and liked it. BPS does have them in the stores.
Old 01-12-07, 02:04 AM   #3
hackattack

I have the same reel and it is amazing! I would definitely recommend it! CAsts like a dream.
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 08:04 AM   #4
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
InEccess and I are going to BPS this sunday. It will be my first time there. Do they have the REVO on stock? I think I might get one. I was wondering if the 7:1 model would be good as an all around reel, but mainly for buzzbaits and toads/frogs? I hope me loan comes through. lol

Bob
Bobbo,

Good news! The new REVO SC is on the market. It's a dedicated 7:1 (made ONLY in that ratio!) and sells for 129.95. That's 20 bux less than the next model up. It's RED, so you can readily identify and grab your high-speed rig out of the pile of rods on the deck or in the rod stowage.
See the SC in the 2007 Cabela's catalogue or on their website.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 09:12 PM   #5
weaverml34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
Bobbo,

Good news! The new REVO SC is on the market. It's a dedicated 7:1 (made ONLY in that ratio!) and sells for 129.95. That's 20 bux less than the next model up. It's RED, so you can readily identify and grab your high-speed rig out of the pile of rods on the deck or in the rod stowage.
See the SC in the 2007 Cabela's catalogue or on their website.

FR
The Revo SC is a special edition reel only available at Cabela's. I bought my Revo S at BPS New Years Weekend. Luckily I use left handed reels or I would have been S.O.L. Apparently the Revo's have been the hot ticket at the Louisville store. The stores do carry them whether or not they will be in stock when you get there will be another question.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.