Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-08, 01:02 PM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Another James River tourney

My brother and I fished again this past Sat. with a little better results. We ran to the Chicahominy river this time. We started with buzzbaits in the pads first thing and caught one close to 2 lbs. Went into a feeder creek and caught 2 more small keepers on a crankbait. We tried another pad field with no luck so we started back down river to fish the outgoing tide. We stopped at an ol reliable laydown and plucked another 2 lber with a 4" ring worm (red blood line). We ran to a lower creek and fished laydowns and caught keeper #5 on a midnight/chartruse babybrushhog. Caught a few more smaller fish then started back up river. Stopped at another ol reliable spot and caught our 2 best fish on a Bandit crank (shad color). One was pushing 3 lbs. Caught one more keeper on a crank but it didn't cull. We finaly ran back to the James and hit another ol reliable spot and caught 10 keepers in about 25 minutes but not a single one helped us. One was a smallmouth. 2 on the 4" ring worm the rest on crankbaits. We probably caught 3 limits total and several short fish. The cranks were the most effective and caught our best fish. We ended up with 9.96 lbs. for the day. Not sure yet where we ended up... probaly top 25 out of 100+ teams. I think 17+ won it. We still haven't found the bigger fish yet but I'm planning to "improve" the habitat before our October tourney. We need an advantage!!!

3D.... don't worry... only one 2 lber got transplanted to the James Sat. LOL

Last edited by BassAddict; 07-28-08 at 08:29 PM.
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 04:07 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Only one but that was Leroy!!! He's the great great grandson of Ol' Bubba himself. I had plans for him when he got to about 8lbs. Great, now I've got to go back and start all over again with new stock.....

Here's a shot of the first day's limit I had when I was down there (4 of 5). Strange but the extra set of hands appeared out of no where to hold those smaller fish . Would have posted it sooner but just got it today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.JPG
Views:	460
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	2507  
Old 07-28-08, 06:07 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

strange river there 3d, makes a fellow grow 2 more arms, andlegs too! hahaha, that'll come in handy hmmmmmm? hahahahaha. nice fish too.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 09:06 PM   #4
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You would expect the extra limbs on the nuclear powered mudhole I call home but not on the Chick. Maybe BA has an explanation?
Old 07-29-08, 07:23 AM   #5
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

You see some strange stuff come out of the Chicahominy swamp!!! I think it's a Nuclear creature that made it's way to the Chic!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.