Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-10, 04:44 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Tuning Buzzbaits

Any of y'all tune your buzzbaits? What I mean is getting them so they have the right "squeak"? Right now I have one tuning and several warming up (My wife thinks I am nuts, by the way, which I am). I put the hook in a vice, turn a fan on it so the blade spins and let it run for several hours. Makes a very nice metal squeak.

One way I haven't tried is to attach it to your car/truck antenna and let it spin while driving. That will tune it in a hurry, or so I'm told.
Old 07-12-10, 04:51 PM   #2
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yea after Kory made his post about the fan,I started doing this with all my buzzbaits.
I leave em on for about an hour....Definitly breaks them in nicely!
Old 07-12-10, 04:52 PM   #3
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Find the two surfaces that rub together and score each one twice with the blade of a sharp knife....once on each side of the wire. Makes them squeak immediately.

Good fishing, Mac

Reb, you will just have to try this in order to see if the squeak produced in this manner is to your liking.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 04:53 PM   #4
geezer1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post

One way I haven't tried is to attach it to your car/truck antenna and let it spin while driving. That will tune it in a hurry, or so I'm told.
That does work. Used to do it all the time. Now I use the one blade inside the other going opposite directions. It makes so much racket, nothing else is needed.
geezer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 06:12 PM   #5
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

try this its a huge help crimp the rivit if it already isnt that makes the rivit not spin therefore more noise. next angle the wire that the rivit is on so that only part of the rivit is touching the blade and then angle the part of the blade that touches the rivit so that only part of the blade and rivit are touching. that gives it a steady squeek squeek squeek. or you could buy a lunker lure thats how they are built. all the best ideas are stolen lol. you can also bend the blade down so it touches the wire to give it a clacking noise. and if you are fishing open water turn the trailer hook upside down and you will never miss another fish.

o yeah you can also get a steel rivit they are really loud
Old 07-13-10, 12:23 AM   #6
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yeah here is my setup. I can break in several at a time. These ones here I left on for around 14 hours and man are they ever noisy.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.