Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-10, 11:29 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default This comming Saturdays outting

Well, I've been really wanting to get back out again and wet a line. Winter here in northern Indiana lasts a long time. I got out 2 weeks ago and did fairly well. But now that saturday is almost hear, I'm really thinking maybe I should get some work done around the yard instead. We've had an unusually warm spring here. The past two weeks have for the most part been in the 70's, and a couple times, low 80's. Our normal highs are mid 50's for this time of year. But here we go. Tonight and tomorrow morning were looking at showers and then a big cold front roars through. Saturday morning is supposed to be about 40 degrees, strong winds, and bright bluebird skies all day. Everyone in hear who knows bass fishin knows those are about as bad a conditions as you can get. The lake is a naturally formed lake. No creak beds, submerged trees, or any of the other forms of structure you'll find in a man made impoundment. I'm going to guess the bass have moved back into deeper water. Perhaps the deeper ends of points, or deeper weedbeds on the flats. Regardless, I doubt they'll want to hit anything. Thinking about trying a Rapalla DT10, or a jig or plastic worm crawled along the bottom in deeper water. Also a Lucky Craft 100SP pointer worked over the tops of weedbeds with long pauses. A heavy spinnerbait with willow style blades to keep it running deeper is also going to be used, if I do indeed go. I thought I'd see if anyone else might have any ideas as to how they would tackle this situation. I'm hoping that perhaps the urge to move shallow and prepare to spawn "might" overcome some of the negative effects of the strong cold front.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 07:01 AM   #2
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Keith, when the bite gets tough around here, I always seem to do pretty good on the dropshot with a short(about 8") leader and a 4" worm. A shakyhead also seems to work pretty good too. Also, a Rapala DT series bait in bluegill seems to do pretty good.

Ryan
Old 04-16-10, 07:54 AM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yeah, I've got the Rapala DT10 in the bluegill pattern ready to go. Not sure I can deal with the drop shop thing though. Tried it once without results. I know it works, but I don't think I have the patience, lol.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 09:18 PM   #4
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i would go with a smaller senko like 3-4"

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.