Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-10, 07:56 PM   #1
bassassasin
BassFishin.Com Member

Default custom lures

anybody make custom lures? just leave name,type of lure(s),and website name.I'm trying to find good tackle cheap.
Old 04-15-10, 10:11 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassasin View Post
anybody make custom lures? just leave name,type of lure(s),and website name.I'm trying to find good tackle cheap.
While custom lures are normally going to be good, they probably aren't going to be your cheapest bet.

But there's quite a few guys on the board that make custom lures, myself included. www.cabinfeverlures.com

Kory also makes some good jigs - www.thunderstruckjigs.com

Chris's stickbaits are great, although I haven't used any of his other stuff yet. - www.nemesisbaits.com

And Smitty's got some great stuff, or so I've heard. I have yet to try anything yet, but eventually I'll order some of the tubes that I've heard so much about. - www.smittystubes.com

Sorry if I missed anybody, I can't remember them all.

BB
Old 04-16-10, 02:16 AM   #3
carolina-rig-01

Thanks for posting Anthony. I own Thunderstruck Jigs and if there is anything I can do for you just holler. I will tell you this though, if you are looking for cheap jigs we probably aren't what you are after. We use very high end components and there is just no way to sell that stuff cheap and stay in business.
Old 04-16-10, 06:53 AM   #4
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Kory is right, if you are wanting high quality baits from anybody, even BPS or Cabela's you are going to have to pay for it. Quality components come at a higher cost. Unless you find some good stuff on clearance...

Ryan
Old 04-16-10, 08:22 AM   #5
MIbasser

As stated above, I don't think you can ever put "Cheap & Custom" together. Ever. Your best bet is to go to fishing shows. I know most of them are over but a lot of small plastic companies have bags of baits very cheap. You can also try Gander Mountain, they have cheap plastic baits. Good luck in your search.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 09:24 AM   #6
Bender

Thanks for putting us up there Anthony. We will do pretty much anything you want in the baits we offer but right now we're pretty swamped so there is a delay on custom orders. The issue is that while a little cheaper than some big guys like Yammy, most things are not cheap.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 12:42 PM   #7
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw4258 View Post
Kory is right, if you are wanting high quality baits from anybody, even BPS or Cabela's you are going to have to pay for it. Quality components come at a higher cost. Unless you find some good stuff on clearance... Ryan
Not exactly. I keep my tube prices below what you pay for major brands at the big stores or online. I'll put the quality of mine at or above them too. Plus I can get you custom colors which you can't get done with the major brands. See if Yamamoto, Zoom, or Berkley will custom pour 500 tubes for you.
The stores also have to mark up baits to pay staff, expenses, advertising etc., etc. This I don't have the same overhead expenses. I do have show costs and my time. After that my expenses are minimal.
Then again I have some baits that are more expensive due to the time and materials needed to make them. My new swimbait/trailers are an example.
So basically it depends on the product. Some will be less expensive and some will be more.
Old 04-16-10, 04:03 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Not exactly. I keep my tube prices below what you pay for major brands at the big stores or online. I'll put the quality of mine at or above them too. Plus I can get you custom colors which you can't get done with the major brands. See if Yamamoto, Zoom, or Berkley will custom pour 500 tubes for you.
The stores also have to mark up baits to pay staff, expenses, advertising etc., etc. This I don't have the same overhead expenses. I do have show costs and my time. After that my expenses are minimal.
Then again I have some baits that are more expensive due to the time and materials needed to make them. My new swimbait/trailers are an example.
So basically it depends on the product. Some will be less expensive and some will be more.
Speaking only for jigs. There is absolutley no way you can buy jigs that are of the same quality of ours for what I would consider cheap. period end of story. One big difference is our 80 strand skirt, off the shelf jigs have 40 strands which is one reason their prices are cheaper. We do our best to keep our overhead down as well but I am shooting straight when I say that high end components don't equal cheap prices...............never.
Old 04-16-10, 07:07 PM   #9
bamabassman

I have some of kory's jigs as well as anthony's jigs. I am gonna get some of smitty's tubes too. The way i figure it is this. You get great quality no matter if the product is a little higher or lower than the store. I LOVE what i have gotten so far. And i TRUST these guys no matter waht too. If i have a problem, these guys will fix it....NUFF SAID!
Old 04-16-10, 08:52 PM   #10
3dkicker

Here's a list of items that I sell at Smitty's Tacklebox
1) 3" tubes - Flipping and Goliath
2) 4" tubes - Flipping, Fathead, and Goliath
3) 5" tubes - Flipping
4) Knucklehead Spinnerbait Skirts
5) Knucklehead Jig Skirts
6) Knucklehead Grass Jigs (limited supply) - .5, 1, and 1.5 ounce
7) Smitty Shad Trailers - 3.5 inch used on chatterbaits or as swimbaits
8) Small supply of KidLizard plastics - jig trailers, finesse worms, lizards
9) Western Plastics Rib-Bits
10) Mend-it
Old 04-17-10, 09:25 PM   #11
Cavs1123

I just want to let you know kory i just checked out your website and i LOVE your trauma and bluegill colors! I might be ordering from you soon! You too anthony!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.