Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-13, 02:50 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default People Eating Tasty Animals PETA

Did you know hooking a fish like a bream is the same thing as hooking a dog with a fish hook? According to a group with the name People for the equatable treatment of animals, (PETA) fish feel pain the same as dogs and even people Facts don’t seem to bother them much.

I have often hooked bream in my pond and tried this. As soon as I released pressure on them, they swam around naturally with the hook in their mouth, trailing loose line. As soon as I pulled on the line they fought against the pressure. Several times I have broken my line and seen bream feeding the next day with a hook in their mouth. They didn’t seem to be in any pain!
PETA’s latest ad campaign is "Don’t let kids become hookers." They go after parents, saying "Parents who fish send their children the message that it’s acceptable to torment and kill animals." They even had a "National Fish Amnesty Day" one year.
In a press release they say: "Parents should get their kids hooked on compassion, not on maiming and killing fish," said PETA campaigner Hayden Hamilton. "Causing these gentle animals of the sea to suffocate to death or die slowly from infections caused by hooks is animal abuse, plain and simple."
All that ignores the fact that nature is not kind and gentle and fish eat other fish. Some of these "kind and gentle animals" will slash though baitfish, maiming as many as possible and returning to eat the injured. A bass will eat a duckling, a frog, other fish and pretty much anything it can get in its mouth.
PETA claims "Fish are intelligent, sensitive animals who experience stress and pain." OK. Define "intelligence" for me. What does it take to be intelligent? The ability to find food? Learning to avoid hooks? For some reason the vision of a school of fish taking an IQ test comes to mind.
I never abuse animals of any kind. If I kill something to eat I kill it as quickly and painlessly as possible. But PETA just thinks hooking a fish is abuse. I will never agree with that mantra.
I wish these folks would stick with strong beliefs that everything has feelings. Including plants. If plants feel pain, they should not be killed and eaten. So PETA fanatics should never eat anything that has ever been alive. And what about drinking water. City water is purified, meaning chlorine is put in it to kill all those poor little one celled animals called bacteria. But you can drink untreated water, right? Not so fast. If you do your stomach acid will murder those helpless little bacteria. So a true believer should never eat or drink anything. I think the world would be a much kinder, gentler place without them and their yammering!!

Man do I like the way this guy thinks!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.