Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-07, 08:45 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Rock/Rubble Pile fishing

I have been told that there is a rock/rubble pile in this 10 acre lake I fish some.. anyway , is this sort of pile worth searching for ? I have been told that it is in the deepest part 12' of water. The lake is bowl shaped with no real breaks anywhere , there is a few downed trees that hold bass , but what about this pile ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 11:02 PM   #2
Bob Smith

With no other cover besides those trees, I would put my money on that pile being a bass magnet!
Old 11-22-07, 10:31 AM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post

With no other cover besides those trees, I would put my money on that pile being a bass magnet!
Good call there Bob. I've always preferred craw style of baits around rocks, both plastics, and cranks.

Lizards
Old 11-22-07, 01:47 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01

yes that rock pile will more than likley have bass stacked on it, and since the water is shallow then it will probable hold fish year round. i am with lizards on a salt craw or jig type bait. running a crankbait right into rock piles can get you a lot of bites, i would throw a bunch of different baits on and around this rock pile, from all angles.
Old 11-22-07, 05:57 PM   #5
zooker

i added a rock pile made from used cinderblocks...

zooker
Old 11-22-07, 06:28 PM   #6
pig n jig

And don't pass up those artifiial christmas trees at a yard sale. drill and pin them with stainless wire and then submerged them deep enough not to be seen, but shallow enough to run a crankbait through them. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 07:16 PM   #7
JB

rock piles will hold fish anytime of year, hit them hard, and realize some days the fish will relate to dif areas of the pile, one day a top water right over the hump may trigger strikes, other days a tube on one edge of near a change in slope you'll find fish. I would really work it over mid summer on.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-07, 06:04 AM   #8
pig n jig

I would idle around and watch the fishfinder for an indentation, hump, sharp drop in the bottom contour.I would also be looking at the grayline to detect any hard bottom areas.When in doubt, pull out a carolina rig.It will tell you whether there is hard bottom and whether there are fish there.Remember you cannot go wong with a pumpkin /chartruese tailed lizard on a carolina rig. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-07, 10:13 AM   #9
brushhog

Find that pile and surround it with crankbaits and i would bet you'll turn up plenty o' fish. If the pond is as shallow as you say this would seem to be The Spot.
Old 11-23-07, 11:46 AM   #10
ROBZILLA

Every one is right on this one. Just think the rock pile is not just only home to those bass but also to many other food sources that bass love to eat. Why do you think the bass are hiding out at these piles? Try to think what bait would be in this pond and in and or around this pile and mimic this with plastics or crank baits.
Old 11-23-07, 10:32 PM   #11
CMorg

Thank you all for the great input. The old man that told me used to fish there alot , now he doesnt fish much , anyway he said he sunk all the rubble there years ago , and it should still hold fish , however , he told me to find it , and I dont know if he sunk any trees , but if I find it , I might...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.