Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-10, 10:05 PM   #1
hooked2132
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Gotta love spring time...

I love this time of year cause it allows guys like me to get lucky cathing a few decent sized fish in the shallows. I went out last weekend and landed two 4 pounders in the same day. I caught em both really shallow. I was fishin a pumpkinseed berkley powerbait power worm almost all day. I think we are well in to spawning time here in Middle Tennessee. How has everyone else's luck been so far? What are the conditions like? prespawn? spawn? postspawn? What were you fishing? etc. etc.

Last edited by hooked2132; 04-21-10 at 10:15 PM.
hooked2132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 08:01 AM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Post spawn here.. a sew that are still on beds, but the vast majority of them have spawned out. Just fishing ponds and small lakes.
Old 04-22-10, 09:04 AM   #3
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm looking at more pre-spawn fish than spawn right now. By the time the full moon hits next Wednesday, I'd bet the majority of fish will be up shallow spawning. I haven't been having the typical spring fishing you hear of catching the big ones up shallow. Fish have been very few and far between. I've been fishing with just about everything imaginable. Shallow cranks, spinnerbaits, tubes, Texas rigged craws and worms, drop shot, topwater, and even busted out the old floating Rapala that almost always catches fish. Only luck I've had has been with a brown/orange crankbait and tubes. And when I say luck, I mean I caught 2 fish on the crank, and 2 fish on the tube. And one of them was a walleye LOL.

Last edited by rodnreel; 04-22-10 at 03:42 PM.
rodnreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 12:59 PM   #4
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Don't know, havnt been able to go fishing all week
Old 04-22-10, 03:06 PM   #5
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

this is my favorite time of year too
Old 04-22-10, 04:04 PM   #6
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

A few small dinks here and there. Then one day last week casting a small swimbait I caught a nice one. It hit the instant the lure hit the water. I casted parallel to the shore about 5 feet out. Caught her on a spinning setup. She pulled drag. What I catch when I don't have a camera.
Old 04-22-10, 10:41 PM   #7
tim4081
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Strictly pre-spawn here in the cold north although water temps are heading up slowly. Fish are holding along weed lines just off the shallows for the most part. Jigs have been best for me as well as catching a few on jerk baits, slowly worked spinnerbaits and senko type worms crawled along the bottom.
tim4081 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.