Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-12, 09:22 AM   #1
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 2012 Elite Series Power-Pole Slam

Ish Monroe up 14lb's after day 2 lol. 54.9 crazy wieght down on Okeechobee.
matt3mckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-12, 10:12 AM   #2
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i like ish, he gonna take it.. heck Ike, alton, chris and Wilkes, are all good, so glad alton won one as well.
Old 03-24-12, 11:43 AM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

He better watch out for the defending champ making a creep up though. I think it would be awesome of him to run it from wire to wire though.

I still feel bad for pushing him out of the way at the B'Ham Classic hahahahaha.
Old 03-25-12, 10:12 AM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

Anyone following this morning. I like Jeff Kriet's comment: “Zona got those big ones I lost on video, but they don’t have enough editing equipment to show it.”

They are being quiet about Ish this morning though.

I need to learn Howell's top water technique. He limited 5 fish in 3 cast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Howell, 3 fish_0.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	7770

Click image for larger version

Name:	Howell, 3 fish, #2.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	7771
Old 03-25-12, 10:32 AM   #5
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

My thoughts on the Power Pole Slam.

1. I really feel bad for Jeff Kriet, it had to hurt beyond words to lose those fish.

2. I thought that it was a cool story about Bobby Lane and Gerald Swindle fishing together towards the end of the day. Bobby Lane could have just gave him a ride back when his boat broke down, but he was cool enough to offer to let Swindle fish out of his boat with him for the rest of the day.

3. Catching 3 fish on a topwater bait, and on your first cast of the day is awesome! I just wish I could tell what bait that is.

4. I think Ish is in trouble. I think he is running out of fish fast, and Chris Lane is in areas that are getting better each day. Nothing against Ish, but I really hope that Chris wins. He is on such a great roll right now and I couldn't be happier for him. I really like Chris and Bobby Lane.

*EDIT* I made this post before checking the Basstrakk on Bassmaster.com. It looks like Ish already has a big bag so either I was wrong about him running out of fish or he made all the right adjustments. Either way Chris Lane is going to have to catch them well today. This could be a great weigh-in.

Last edited by carolina-rig-01; 03-25-12 at 10:37 AM.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 11:30 AM   #6
Jrob78

It's going to be a great final day today. Kriet is making up for yesterday, BassTrakk has him at over 22 already. If Ish is already over 24lbs, it's going to be up to Lane to pull out some heroics. It seems like most of the big fish are coming late in the day though so he's got time. I will be glued to the computer today.

Last edited by Jrob78; 03-25-12 at 11:55 AM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 12:22 PM   #7
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
My thoughts on the Power Pole Slam.

1. I really feel bad for Jeff Kriet, it had to hurt beyond words to lose those fish.

2. I thought that it was a cool story about Bobby Lane and Gerald Swindle fishing together towards the end of the day. Bobby Lane could have just gave him a ride back when his boat broke down, but he was cool enough to offer to let Swindle fish out of his boat with him for the rest of the day.

3. Catching 3 fish on a topwater bait, and on your first cast of the day is awesome! I just wish I could tell what bait that is.

4. I think Ish is in trouble. I think he is running out of fish fast, and Chris Lane is in areas that are getting better each day. Nothing against Ish, but I really hope that Chris wins. He is on such a great roll right now and I couldn't be happier for him. I really like Chris and Bobby Lane.

*EDIT* I made this post before checking the Basstrakk on Bassmaster.com. It looks like Ish already has a big bag so either I was wrong about him running out of fish or he made all the right adjustments. Either way Chris Lane is going to have to catch them well today. This could be a great weigh-in.
Kory, I read on other sites that the bait is called "The One" from Paycheck Baits. See this link to the lure. I also read that the 3 fish were 4, 3.5 and 3 pounds.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 12:27 PM   #8
Jrob78

Great stuff in the War Room today with Bobby Lane, Mercer and Fletcher Shryock. Very interesting insight.
Old 03-25-12, 01:08 PM   #9
Bubba_Bruiser

Unless it is 1 of those instances where the Marshall fat fingered the keyboard for Ish. But the bite has really been setting off in the afternoon. But another factor is that the conditions have changed with some cloud cover and a little precipitation from what I read.

I didn't catch the story on Swindle fishing out of the boat with Bobby though.

I think if I was the Marshall when Howell hoisted those fish in the boat like that, I would of had a brief moment and had to say, are you stupid or something? But maybe that is why I am not making the big bucks fishing. If I would have tried that my rod would have broke at the reel seat, my reel would had popped out and knocked out a tooth and busted my lip, my line would have snapped, and my reel would have went in the drink. That's what kind of luck I have.
Old 03-25-12, 01:10 PM   #10
Lvitch
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Kory, I read on other sites that the bait is called "The One" from Paycheck Baits. See this link to the lure. I also read that the 3 fish were 4, 3.5 and 3 pounds.
Cool! Looks like a modded pencil popper or hi roller. I like the feathers on the front. Might have to pick one up. Big O is a crazy place.
Old 03-25-12, 01:10 PM   #11
Bubba_Bruiser

If that's a #3 fish laying buy his foot, he must wear Shaqs hand me down shoes. I know that is what they said in the write up, but I have trouble buying it.
Old 03-25-12, 02:41 PM   #12
Jrob78

Bass Trakk has Ish at 29lbs with Lane about 13lbs behind with a little over an hour to go. Also, Jeff Kriet's reported weight is off, he is far under the 23lbs BT has him at.

Apparently a big storm has just blown through with heavy rain and high winds. Part of the weigh in stage has been damaged, vendor booths have been blown over and there is a lot of water standing around the weigh in stage. Hopefully everyone is ok.
Old 03-25-12, 03:10 PM   #13
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

hope the get it fixed before the way ins

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.