Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-06, 07:34 PM   #1
kbkindle
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to kbkindle
Default power pro?

kbkindle here started useing power pro on and all top water, buzzbaits etc. it is so senative iam trying it on crankbaits and spinner baits wonder how much depth i'am loosing by this braid i use 15 lb power pro on plastics i just add a little more weight. man there is nothing to me that compairs to the feel of power pro braid the moss green color does not seem to bother the catch ratio in this muddy water of my home lakes kb

kbkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 07:46 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

oh god why is it ya got to draw them hoosier's a picture?? kb get it right the first time instead of doing it wrong and lose fish because of it.. in simple terms braid +treble hooks= lost fish..and you doing this->

nuff said

zooker
Old 08-26-06, 08:16 PM   #3
lizardsrule

Don't mind zooker, he just hasn't evolved enough yet rotfl. I use it for my cranks. The upside is the feel of the cranks, it allows you to get deeper(50lb powerpro has 12lb mono diameter). The downside is you definately need a medium rod, with a soft tip, and make sure your drag is loose. You can pull the hooks out if you don't play the fish. But guess what, you can do that with mono toooooooooooooooo. Oh yeah you be surprised at how many cranks you get back too. May have some bent trebbles, but you get it back LOL,

Lizards
Old 08-26-06, 09:48 PM   #4
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule View Post
Don't mind zooker, he just hasn't evolved enough yet rotfl. I use it for my cranks. The upside is the feel of the cranks, it allows you to get deeper(50lb powerpro has 12lb mono diameter). The downside is you definately need a medium rod, with a soft tip, and make sure your drag is loose. You can pull the hooks out if you don't play the fish. But guess what, you can do that with mono toooooooooooooooo. Oh yeah you be surprised at how many cranks you get back too. May have some bent trebbles, but you get it back LOL,

Lizards
lizard hit the nail on the head. great line, helps cranks go deeper but make sure you use a rod that has some give to it. The only thing I don't like about power pro is how often I cut myself on the line because of its thin diameter......but really, I ain't complaining, the line kicks ***. The line will save you money by not losing lures, and because of how thin the line is, you can use a mono backing, then put your braid on top so you don't have to use a lot of line to spool hte reel. once you've had the line on for a while and need to respool, you can simply take the line off and reverse it. The end that once was tied to the lure can now be tied to the back, and the end that was tied to the backing can now be tied to the lure......essentially recycling the unused line.
Old 08-26-06, 09:55 PM   #5
JB

I'm still using mono for crankin' but love powerpro for flipping and many other application/techniques
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 09:57 PM   #6
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I'm still using mono for crankin' but love powerpro for flipping and many other application/techniques
geez, get with the program.....let me guess, you're still using a 56k modem
Old 08-27-06, 06:33 PM   #7
geno
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to geno

Hey Rob some of us arn't as lucky as others. Living in the country is great but have to do with out things like DSL and fast food parlors buuuuut we have piece an quiet when the owls arn't hootin.
geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 06:50 PM   #8
kbkindle
BassFishin.Com Member

Default power pro fish

couple of smallmouth on lake shafer hey zooker look at the line man i did'n know it was so easy to catch fish useing power pro line

Old 08-27-06, 09:35 PM   #9
lizardsrule

KB,

I spent thousand of hours Skiing on Lake Shafer , and very few fishing it. If I knew then what I know now, then it would have been the opposite. But I did have a lot of greatd times there, with a broken rib or two LOL. My sister and family still share a place up there with all my Bro-In-Laws family.

Lizards
Old 08-28-06, 12:26 PM   #10
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i use sufix braid with cranks and hardly ever lose a fish.use a soft tip graphite rod and loosen the drag at the boat and you'll have no problems.
Old 08-28-06, 12:37 PM   #11
bassnman30

I like Stren Flouro. 10 lb test. Light line low stretch. Can handle big fish as well.
Old 08-28-06, 05:28 PM   #12
zooker

kb
that don't look much like a CRANK BAIT to me...never said power junk was not a good line said not to use it on CRANK BAITS..
i wont use power junk period..

zooker
Old 08-28-06, 06:38 PM   #13
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbkindle View Post
couple of smallmouth on lake shafer hey zooker look at the line man i did'n know it was so easy to catch fish useing power pro line

Hmmmmm....Summer day...upholstery around 105 degrees (Fahrenheit)=Broiled bass. At least one eye blinded. Nice treatment for a fine game fish.
Howzabout holding the poor critter, getting a quick pic, then releasing it gently and quickly.
Just sayin'...

F.Rod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-06, 06:50 PM   #14
Vabass22

I was thinkin the same thing, but in celcius!
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-06, 08:05 PM   #15
zooker

fly swatter is right. even when i take pitures i snap it quickly put the camera in my pocket and speed draw my pliers. pop the hooks out and back in the drink 30 seconds flat.. i had a nice 3 pound bass bleed on me sunday- like a stuck pig- i put him in the live well with some rejuvinate left him in there for and hour and let him go.. he was raising cane in the live well... took me 20 mintues to get the blood washed off my boat,rods,ect....

the whole point is to release a LIVE fish. not a half cooked one.. if you sit down and it burns yuor butt what do you think it will do to a fish..

SOONIERS pht!!!

zooker
Old 08-28-06, 08:31 PM   #16
JB

thats a good way to loose those precious ounces of weight in a tournie too..always keep bass away from hot objects
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-06, 10:12 PM   #17
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vabass22 View Post
I was thinkin the same thing, but in celcius!
Like the Christmas carol..."Angels We Have Heard On High"?
'In ExCELCIUS Deoooooo'? No?

Oh well. It's late and I'm tired.

FR
Old 08-28-06, 10:16 PM   #18
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
fly swatter is right. even when i take pitures i snap it quickly put the camera in my pocket and speed draw my pliers. pop the hooks out and back in the drink 30 seconds flat.. i had a nice 3 pound bass bleed on me sunday- like a stuck pig- i put him in the live well with some rejuvinate left him in there for and hour and let him go.. he was raising cane in the live well... took me 20 mintues to get the blood washed off my boat,rods,ect....

the whole point is to release a LIVE fish. not a half cooked one.. if you sit down and it burns yuor butt what do you think it will do to a fish..

SOONIERS pht!!!

zooker
"Mommy, what's a 'soonier'?"
"Well, Honey, it's some sort of thingie attached to a forklift. You know, like a zookier, only better."
"Ohhhhhh, OK Mom. Now may I go play with Grandma?"
"No, you've dug her up twice this week already!"

FR
Boomerrrrrrrrrrr Soonerrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 08-28-06, 10:22 PM   #19
Vabass22

Gosh, I had to read one more before nighty-boo.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-06, 10:27 PM   #20
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vabass22 View Post
Gosh, I had to read one more before nighty-boo.
Well, that'll teach yew!

FR
Old 08-29-06, 05:39 PM   #21
zooker

oh god fly swatter is plowed he is rymthing..a nother member to the bassfishin bar/tackle store i see..

zooker
Old 08-31-06, 07:16 PM   #22
kbkindle
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post

SOONIERS pht!!!

zooker
dam- i aint going to take a pic of a FISH NEVER

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.