Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-06, 06:30 AM   #1
planxdownfall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to planxdownfall
Default do fish move in different seasons?

i fish this place alot, and one side there is alot of weeds and rocks, and gets deep fast and alllll the way over on the other side it is shallow for along time before it gets deep. barely any rocks and weeds, but there is alot of fallen trees in the water. now here is my problem, where i used to fish on the deep side. there is like barely any fish now, when i used to catch around 7- 10 a day. I wasnt getting bites or anything now. so i walked down to the middle, and i was getting lots of bites and seeing some big *** fish. i want to try the shallow side, because maybe the fish moved or something. do they ever do that? also, what should i fish those shallows with?? it is really shalow for an area around 25, 30 40 feet out. some where around there. then it gradually starts to slope downward, and there are some huge fallen trees. what should i do???
planxdownfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 06:52 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've been running short fat crankbaits, like a manns minus one or normans , something that either fits the 1-2 foot range for the shallows, or 4-5 feet in deeper water...this week the bass I've caught have been suspended over deeper water, but will hit something in the 4-5 ft range under the surface...each day you have changing conditions to where the fish relate to, better try all depths just to be sure.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 07:05 AM   #3
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Cabelas makes a series of crankbaits, with their name on them,, that I like in the shallow runner. Yes fish move, you see it more on bigger lakes and reserviors, but even in ponds, they will move seasonally. Thats why the pros have to prefish for tournaments. I have even noticed the fish moving from day to day, or hour to hour.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 10:17 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

fish move to a comfortable water temp. summer they like moving water even a slight currant caused by the wind can be 1-3 degrees cooler. deep water is cooler. in winter the same basic areas only moving water is WARMER than still water.. as the temp aproaches 55 degrees they start to move shallow and feed like pigs,preping for the spawn. fall is a change time they can be any where and hit anything.. trust me it sucks going thru 25 lures to catch 5 fish on 5 differant ones but that is fall fishing..

zooker
Old 09-10-06, 07:31 AM   #5
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Fish are always moving unless there is a really severe situation that forces them to hold where they are for several days. They have seasonal movements and daily movements. They may stay located within a particular area for a week or two but they'll be moving within that area depending on thier needs. Just like any animals. They generally don't "sleep" where they feed, that doesn't mean they won't feed where they "sleep" if the opprotunity affords itself.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.