Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-10, 05:03 AM   #1
LuvThyMeta|
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via MSN to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via Yahoo to LuvThyMeta|
Default Carefull for this guy

I got a private message from this guy MannInBlackk.

It had some kind of link in it. I did not click on it because i saw right away on the left he had no post on this site which is really weird.

Here is a pic of the private message

Looks like he is trying to give people viruses so watch out fellows.
LuvThyMeta| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 05:11 AM   #2
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yep, I got one myself and quicly reported it.
Old 01-26-10, 05:22 AM   #3
LuvThyMeta|
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via MSN to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via Yahoo to LuvThyMeta|

Oh cool i didn't know you could report a private message, Thanks !!
LuvThyMeta| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 05:36 AM   #4
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yea, if you look right under your avatar theres a triangle with an line or exlimation mark in it. There's one just like it in the top right corner of your pms. Click on that to report posts and pms.
Old 01-26-10, 07:16 AM   #5
nmanley
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley
Default Beware message from MannInBlackk

This guy just signed on the forum and starts to spam multiple membes here on the forum. Beware of this as they may try to attach your secure information.

Here is the message I received.

Quote:
Please, take into account.. Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to check your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: http://www.check-pc.net/detected/nma...gasspiderThank you. Forum member.
nmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 07:24 AM   #6
muddy

I already sent him a nice PM, anyone know one of the mods, what a jerk
muddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 07:28 AM   #7
muddy

Default Hey mann in black

Hey Scumbag, go play somewhere else, took about 2 seconds to figure you out, with your clever handle and all. You should be sitting in a cell in no time with your criminal talent
Old 01-26-10, 08:54 AM   #8
BlueDaksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy View Post
Hey Scumbag, go play somewhere else, took about 2 seconds to figure you out, with your clever handle and all. You should be sitting in a cell in no time with your criminal talent
Yup, got the private message too - did NOT click on the link - obvious spam/scam...
Old 01-26-10, 09:19 AM   #9
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Guys, just like in the threads, there is a report button at the top of every PM. Click it and in the message type spam or something similar and it will be sent to Kevin. I have already done this, and I'm sure Kevin will be taking care of it soon.

Mostly likely, this is an automated things, so sending "him" messages won't do anything.

BB
Old 01-26-10, 09:20 AM   #10
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Guys, just like in the threads, there is a report button at the top of every PM. Click it and in the message type spam or something similar and it will be sent to Kevin. I have already done this, and I'm sure Kevin will be taking care of it soon.

Mostly likely, this is an automated things, so sending "him" messages won't do anything.

BB
nuff said...

BB
Old 01-26-10, 09:22 AM   #11
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
Yep, I got one myself and quicly reported it.
Quote:

Mostly likely, this is an automated thing, so sending "him" messages won't do anything.

BB
I've posted the same thing in all three posts about him. It's good everybody is aware though.

BB
Old 01-26-10, 09:30 AM   #12
WTL

It appears everyone is aware, but should we send out a PM warning as well (not just this time, but in case theres a next time)? Gotta remember some people are waking up when reading this board, and in a slumber might be apt to click on links they would otherwise know better than clicking on.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:30 AM   #13
muddy

Thanks , good heads up
Old 01-26-10, 09:32 AM   #14
muddy

Thanks, never figured on the bot thing, you are probally correct
Old 01-26-10, 09:32 AM   #15
WTL

Its my guess that he probably will never read a post on this board again. Probably gets paid to post spam and has a list of boards 30 pages long.
Old 01-26-10, 09:33 AM   #16
WTL

Quote:

BB
Can a bot register? is the question.... Doesn't make much difference of course. People like spammers dont give a damn about anything.
Old 01-26-10, 09:37 AM   #17
muddy

Hey WTL : Isn't that why they have those coded charaters you have to duplicate, on a lot of sites, to prevent bots from registering?
Old 01-26-10, 09:37 AM   #18
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Can a bot register? is the question.... Doesn't make much difference of course. People like spammers dont give a damn about anything.

A bot probably wouldn't be able to reginster on it's own due to the required number/letter test thing most boards make you type, but anybody can type them once and then set up the bot.

BB
Old 01-26-10, 10:26 AM   #19
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

The link appears to have vegasspider's name in it
Old 01-26-10, 10:29 AM   #20
rodnreel

I had the same "new private message" alert in my email inbox this morning. However, when I came to the boards I didn't have any new private messages to read.

Mallen, the link included in my message had a couple of different member names included in it; Abbeysdad, danielbasspro, Gbassman, and CanalStalkin.

Last edited by rodnreel; 01-26-10 at 10:34 AM.
rodnreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 10:37 AM   #21
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodnreel View Post
I had the same "new private message" alert in my email inbox this morning. However, when I came to the boards I didn't have any new private messages to read.

Mallen, the link included in my message had a couple of different member names included in it; Abbeysdad, danielbasspro, Gbassman, and CanalStalkin.

Good to know. I haven't gotten one of those PMs yet.
Old 01-26-10, 10:40 AM   #22
BigBassin144

If you look at the screen shot in one of the other threads about this guy, you can see bcklash's name at the end of the link, as well as the "thank" from thank you. Looks like they messed up their link, and I would be willing to bet it doesn't even work.

BB
Old 01-26-10, 10:53 AM   #23
muddy

Default Thought about Men in Blackk

This has to be the only guy that pissed off more people than I did, when he first showed up
Old 01-26-10, 10:57 AM   #24
Kevin
Administrator

Thanks for reporting this guys... I have banned the account and deleted his PM's. If you still see this PM in your PM inbox, let me know... as it should have been deleted globally in everyone's.

Also, most of these are not bots, but human registrations. The PM's are most likely sent by bots, but these accounts are actually human registrations... most likely outsourced to China or elsewhere.

Bottom line.. and most of you know this already... never click on any links any stranger sends you. If you don't click there links, there is nothing harmful within their PM. As long as you stay on BassFishin.Com, you are safe.

Please report any future occurrences. I really appreciate everyone's help and assistance.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 11:01 AM   #25
nofearengineer

"Bots" can't register, but your average spammer pays Chinese 20-somethings to sit at home and make all of these posts. It's good money for them, and they are very organized. Next best thing to a bot.

These are the same people who ruined the game Everquest. They would develop automated scripts to use in game and "farm" items and game money, 24/7/365. They would then sell it, and progressively destroyed the in-game economy. One of the reasons I quit online games altogether, other than they got boring.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.