Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-09, 09:50 AM   #1
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Funny real story!

I thought I'd share this story, MRPhotograher's thread on Marine biology reminded me of this...and yes this really happened....

About 10 years ago, I was roughly 16 I went Ice Fishing here in maine with my dad. It was a small pond on paper company land in the middle of the woods...There were not very many people out on the ice that day, and we were the only vehicle parked at the landing when we unloaded. We had brought two snowmobiles and parked near the shore in a cove to get out of the wind...it was snowy & cold that day. In Maine when you are ice fishing you are not supposed to be any more than 100 ft away from your ice fishing traps. Along comes another snowmobile..it's a game warden! He comes right over and asks if those traps(way out there) belonged to us...obviously they did we were the only ones on the pond...so we get fined, I think it was around $100 fine for "not tending our traps". It was a joke because we could still see them and it was obvious we were just trying to get warm...so off goes the warden....we don't move....about 10mins later here he comes cruising back over to us..my dad's like "you've got to be kidding me"....he shuts off his snowmobile, and with a completely solemn look asks my dad if he might be able to help him out. This guy was probably early 30's...my dad asks him what the problem is...well the warden says, I slid off the road just about a mile down from the landing and would really appreciate it if you might have some chains or something to get me out...The funny thing about most of the warden's trucks were 2wheel drive...things are different now, but back then they all had 2wheel drive trucks, once that thing got any where near the ditch it was stuck! The other funny part is that we are one paper company land..no homes or towns in any direction for 20 miles...so the wardeng goes on.."I will forget all about your ticket if you guys don't mind helping me out"...my Dad looks right at the guy and says, yeah I'd love to help you, but I think I'd be too far away from my traps".....HAHAHA..I almost died, I didn't know whether I should laugh or run! The warden didn't say a word, put his helmet back on and took off...my dad and I were literally crying from laughin so hard...and I'm sure it was obvious 'cause we were both tumbling around high fiving as he scurried across the lake...so we took the $100 fine and it was well worth it...

The warden was fine, they all have CB radios and he was able to have another warden come and get him...he just had to wait around for a few hours
Old 03-26-09, 10:49 AM   #2
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey, you gotta get them every chance you get. There's a story around here (possible an urban myth) where a warden was attempting to check a duck hunter who was set up on a small sand bar on the Arkansas river. The warden who was on the opposite bank yelled over and asked the guy if he had his licensce, the guy said yeah. He asked if the guy had killed any, the guy said 2. He asked if the guy had his gun plugged...the guy said no. The warden then preceeded to wade over, now this is difficult at best due to muck and sediment about 3 ft deep. The warden makes it over after a lengthy struggle with the mud and asked to see the guys gun, so the hunter gladly showed him his over and under.
Old 03-26-09, 11:07 AM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lol! You got 'em good their buddy!
Old 03-26-09, 02:12 PM   #4
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

thats great...... you love stories like
Old 03-26-09, 04:05 PM   #5
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Awwwww man both of those are hilarious!
Old 03-26-09, 09:23 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahahahahahahaha, i love them both. funny as hades.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.