Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-07, 03:22 PM   #1
BubbaLunk
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Went for the first time this spring

I fish in a private 400 acre lake in Anderson SC, and I got a chance to go the first time in a month and I tore them up. All this hot weather must have them in a frenzy cause i cought 15 in 3 hrs. Not to mention i lost a good fish, prob. around 6 lbs. Fished with zoom magnum watermelon pumkin utail, and could not have done better,
BubbaLunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 05:39 PM   #2
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

B- lunk that is helluva first day Congrats!. As a northern guy we are still waiting for the wam weather... supposed to snow here this week. Where is that in relation to Rock Hill SC, my folks live there.
brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 06:12 PM   #3
BubbaLunk
BassFishin.Com Member

Actually it is not to far, it is like two hours, Anderson is two hours from Charlotte, and as you must know Rock Hill is right below Charlotte, we are about to get a boat and you can find me on Lake Norman and Wyle about every weekend/ Have you heard of Lake hartwell, well this resovior was used before Hartwell was built, and it just so happens that its my girlfriends uncles, he owns it and about 1,200 acres of land around it, no one fishes and their is monster fish out their, I caught a 10.5 lb. last May and I talked to an old man that lives out there, and His neighbor caught a 16.2 lb bass out there two years ago., I did not believe him so he went and got he pictures to back it up, most amazing thing I have ever seen. He said that he used to catch 12 and 13 pounders like nothing, their is only five houses on it and three belong to the Anderson Family who own it, im so lucky to have permission to fish it. I use plastic worm and spinnerbait only, any suggestions, and the deepest part of the lake is like 20 ft. What should I try, I was looking at these swimbaits earlier?
Old 04-02-07, 06:48 PM   #4
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

any way you could post the pictures on here?
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 07:38 PM   #5
scrap
BassFishin.Com Active Member

appears to be like the private pond bill dance fishes out of, he doesnt catch any small bass either.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 08:18 PM   #6
brushhog

B-lunk - I did some Crappie fishing on lake norman with my cousins on one of my rare trips down there we caught a ton and had a ball. Your private spot sure sounds like a piece of heaven... you''ve got to post some pictures of some of those lunkers - Many of us on this forum dream of 4 and 5 pounders, we'd love to see those hawgs! The only swimbait I've used and had luck with is a Storm wildeye bluegill -easy to fish. If you're looking for other swimbaits try using the search tool at the top of the page you will find some ideas from some of the guys on here who really know their stuff!! Fish On!
Old 04-03-07, 09:59 AM   #7
BubbaLunk
BassFishin.Com Member

I need to start taking a camera with me, the photo that is under my name is actually from that private lake, that fish is around five, five and a half pounds, but it is like a piece of heaven, next time you get a chance to fish Norman, if it is in summer go at night and throw gary Yamamotto's floating and you will wear them out.
Old 04-03-07, 03:09 PM   #8
brushhog

Default Thanks

I'm hoping to make a trip this summer, I'll hit you up for tips if I do!
Old 04-03-07, 05:33 PM   #9
BubbaLunk
BassFishin.Com Member

No problem Just let me know.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.