Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-07, 05:17 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Lake Anthoney*snow pattern*

Denny and me ventured north for some Good Fryday bassin, made plans for the trip when it was 70ish and the fish were biting. However today was low 30s for a high and snow flurries all day. Got two bass on sterling peoples choice chatterbait, first time I had every tied one on or fished it, it reminds me of a rattletrap.
Had one of sterlings craws on for a trailer and both fish were fairly close to the bank...
Tried a few hours of flipping with the paca craw, but soon discovered that powerpro braid (in the cold) didnt cast out very well. I tried the lighter bullet sinker (zooker recommended) but couldn't get out as far as I needed to, so I put on a tungston weight that was 1/4 ounce and got a few more feet on the pitch, then ended up picking apart buckbrush areas flipping.
We had overcast skies and squaws of flurries, but it wasn't too bad.
THe chatterbait had a sharp hook on it, however I did notice the jig comes out of the bass's mouth fairly easy once you land him...I dont think I was rearing back like a usual pnj hookset, but did learn some stuff today.
Switch to using some mono on my pistol grip rod and did some roguing,
and also tried some swimbaits(which really reminds me of grub fishing),
I like the way it stands on end once you stop reeling.
I managed to wrap that damn braid around a few dozen branches of the brush an got hooked in some bigger limbs off and on all afternoon, but didn't loose anything....kinda got nervous when I was stuck using mono, but got the lure back.
Had to reset the linedrop, drag, and brakes today on most of my shimano's, the cold and ice on the line made a diference, however once we get back to warm temps all will be OK..
today was kind of a learning day...(learned that we should have stay in by the fireplace and drink beer rofl)
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 07:59 PM   #2
lizardsrule

Anyday fishing is better than, ahh you know the rest. Tell Denny hello, and hope the weather finally makes the turn for ya. Late April is when I would usually figure we were warm for awhile, until late Sept that is LOL.

Lizards
Old 04-06-07, 08:42 PM   #3
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
today was kind of a learning day...(learned that we should have stay in by the fireplace and drink beer rofl)
LMAO JB. It's nice to get out after cold weather... We have some kind of cold front that came in yesterday. It was in the high 50s and now its in the high 20s. The only week I have off from school, is the only week it's cold out.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 09:38 PM   #4
Rebbasser

At least you got a couple. Tell Denny to stick his head is and say howdy every now and then so we know he's still alive

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.