Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-08, 08:50 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default This is nice..

It is a real balsa bait made by Ima Shaker. Think the bait monkey will need some of these..

I still use a lot of Balsa lures that are no longer available..

These look right for my application//

Capt Mike
Old 07-23-08, 09:14 AM   #2
3dkicker

I've seen some of their stuff at the new shop in Woodbridge, VA. Not as expensive as L.C. running in the $13.95 price range. They had one I really liked but the last time I was there I had just returned from Vegas and had no money to support the monkey.
Old 07-23-08, 09:21 AM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have a hand full of similiar type balsa lures about the same shape n size, some guy near the ohio river in ind. makes them, they are a finese bait for sure. nice paint job
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 09:23 AM   #4
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
I've seen some of their stuff at the new shop in Woodbridge, VA. Not as expensive as L.C. running in the $13.95 price range. They had one I really liked but the last time I was there I had just returned from Vegas and had no money to support the monkey.
Vegas sucks your money for sure.. Heck I lost almost 27 bucks there...

26.50 to be exact.. You think Pro-Tech has them?

Capt Mike
Old 07-23-08, 10:16 AM   #5
Bender

I got some very similar from this guy a few years ago: http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ight=crankbait
I can't seem to find him on the web anymore.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 05:09 PM   #6
Lilmoosecountry

YEAH when it comes to balsa. i'm a POE's Man myself.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-08, 12:19 PM   #7
Bmuskin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey anyone ever use the AC Shiners, I swear by them. Used to use them in Smallie and spotted creeks back east and they always performed. I bought some off Ebay earlier this year and when they are chasing shad it really works well. Went to a power plant lake in February of this year and caught over 30 on a AC Shiner. Biggest was 2 pounds but hey it's still fun especially for Feburary.
I noticed you are in Independence Moose. New to here and live up near platte Woods.
Bmuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-08, 01:52 PM   #8
Lilmoosecountry

YEP know where your at. I'm a river man most myself. Like catching Hawgs in the missouri. Takes a special fishermen with a special skill. But there in there. In fact it's more than catfish. Itz every species in missouri that can be found in old muddy. But i don't fish for ghetto bass on the river. Close to down town i come is sugar creek. On any given weekend i drift the river in my 17 ft canoe looking for hawgs.
Old 07-25-08, 02:08 PM   #9
Bmuskin

Ghetto Bass. I have never heard that one..LOL.
I really didn't fish much when I moved here I just gave the deer and other critters heck all fall. My brother in Law moved here from NC last fall and he loves to fish. We took a couple of trips and WOW. I had no idea that there was this great of Bass fishing in my back yard. 8 months later I am borderline obscessed. I usually post and hang around the shomeoutdoors.com forum and I found this one. Seems to be some drama but have gotten some good info so far.
I had no idea there were hawgs in the MO. I been fishing some stream tributeries and caught a few, but most of mine have truly came from apartmrnt complex, and subdivision ponds. I have gotten permission to hit some farm ponds and have done well with that also. Took 1 trip down to the strip pits and will definatly be going back to those. An hour away and I can honestly say that I do not think anyone fishes the remote hard to get to pits.
James A Reed is 1 small trip I plan on making. Do you fish that area at all Moose?

Last edited by Bmuskin; 07-25-08 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-08, 05:37 PM   #10
Lilmoosecountry

Stay away from James A Reed. Way to much fishing pressure. Unless you like your bass the size of somthing out of a minnow bucket. Them the strip pits down there at old 210 & 291 your talking about. I fish up feeder streams that dump into the missouri with the canoe. Shoal creek is right behind them.
Old 07-25-08, 05:43 PM   #11
WTL

AC Shiners are top notch. I get them off ebay as well. Very light balsa, but the action is superb. The hardest part is casting them.
Old 07-26-08, 12:15 AM   #12
Bmuskin

Yeah the hooks wrap around the line with braided especially. Wonder if we bid against each other. I get a lot of stuff of ebay. I never thought much about that with the AC Shiners but they do now that you mention it.
Oh and Moose the strip pits I am talking about are an hour south near Rich Hill and some down near Clinton.
There are a couple of conservation areas near Smithville and they get ignored I think because of Smithville.
Thanks for the advise on James Reed I was worried about that. I don't mind catching small ones as long as there is at least a 2-3 pounder in there to mix it up.
Old 07-27-08, 07:05 PM   #13
bamabassman

sorry to burst your bubble capt... but those ain't worth nuthin no mo. you need to send em to me and i'll put em to rest. hahahahahaha. used to have those 4 meself, lost each and every one of em at a pond i used to fish as a kid.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.