Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-08, 11:11 PM   #1
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Need some advice.

We have a local lake here we are struggling to find fish in. We can catch some here and there. The lake really doesnt have and ledges its either deep or shallow with a few rock piles here and there and a few shallow sand bars. Water temp is in the low 80's. What do you gys suggest for a lake like this where should i be looking. When i say deep the channel is like 40-70ft deep and there is a good bit of water like 20 ft but not much structure. Does have a few bluffs. We can catch some on carolina rigs and on buzz baits but not finding that good school? HELP!!!!!
TNRACER93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 11:42 PM   #2
Tryinhard
BassFishin.Com Member

Does have any points or breaks, cattails I like to fish with tube 1/4 ounce insider jig head dead stick it or I have been using a baby brush hog texas rigged weightless going for the reaction bite hope it helps
Tryinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 11:54 PM   #3
Robbie R.
BassFishin.Com Member

What is the name of this lake ?

I would use silver buddies and little george for deep bluff areas.........just drop/helicopter and yo-yo.

Any where you got deep water you need to cover.......these are killer baits.

Buzzers/topwater along bluffs.......don't throw in and pull out to your boat........throw down the bluff and work along the bluff..........creatures that fall in or swim along bluffs stay as close as they can and swim WITH the bluff until they find an exit.........they do not swim away from safety into deeper water.

NOTE: watch out for tree limbs casting along a bluff...........they seem to like hooks.

Fish seem to notice these things.

Flashy baits just under the surface works well for me on these kinds of lakes.

Last edited by Robbie R.; 07-24-08 at 12:14 AM.
Robbie R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 09:15 AM   #4
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

TN - find the lake on google earth and send a link so we can take a look at it. Also if you are fishing from shore and the fish have moved out away from the bank then you are out of luck. If you fish from a boat then you need to spend some time with the sonar to find where the fish are hanging out. Some will move shallow to feed, some will stay in the creeks, and others move out to the deeper ledges and points. What do you prefer to fish?
Old 07-24-08, 10:42 AM   #5
Lilmoosecountry

My sugestion is finese fishing!!! Light line around 6lbs. Wacky rigged worms on jig heads. Yes even the dreaded drop shot. I have a love hate relationship with this technique. Even think about lure size scale it down. Your lake may getting allot of fishing pressure. By the way slow it down take your time. This can be very helpful as well.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 07-24-08 at 10:48 AM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 12:24 PM   #6
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

Lake is Percy Priest in nashville..
Old 07-24-08, 12:29 PM   #7
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

3d we have been looking for schools in deeper water but not having much luck there isnt too many ledges its all deep or shallow with big drops. There are some main lake points but they get fished to death on this lake.
Old 07-24-08, 01:26 PM   #8
freakyfish
BassFishin.Com Member

it would help to know where your lake is.where ever you can find where your lake has shallow to deep water and find their road ways.when it is hot look deeper.and check were the wind is blowing .somtimes their down streem of the wind.
freakyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 08:23 PM   #9
3dkicker

Let me take a look on Google and see what the lake looks like. I've got an idea but I'd like to look before throwing out just anything.....
Old 07-27-08, 01:22 PM   #10
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

3d did you find it??

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.