Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-08, 10:05 AM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Highland Lakes

Has anyone ever fished Highland Lake near Oneonta, Alabama? If so, what is it like? Clarity? Depth? Fishing tactics to bring in a big one?
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 02:35 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I think John is from around that area so maybe, even though I havent heard of it. I've heard of inland lake.
Old 07-28-08, 12:40 PM   #3
bamabassman

never fished it, but heard alot about it. grew up in hayden. same county, but a little south of oneonta. they were our rivals way back then,lol. dated a gal from there, they had a house on the lake too. but i never seemed to get to the water...if you get my drift,lmao. sorry for not having any info for ya. it is the city's water source i know that, so it is man made. try it out and let me know ok? maybe we can hook up and fish it sometime. but i'll bring my boat, lol, i ain't gonna get in yours, hahaha.you have a 1 man pontoon right? let me know, ok?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 10:09 PM   #4
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I called and checked it out. It is totally private. For non-residents, you have to purchase a year boat permit (no daily boat permits) at $400 a year for any boat (even a non-motorized boat) that goes in the water. They have their own police department that patrols the water (so the sign says). Bank fishing is $2.50 a day for non-residents. I don't know if it would cost anything to put a boat in the water if you know someone that lives there. Maybe a guest fee (I didn't ask). It looked like a very private lake and community. It looks like too much trouble for me since it is about an hour and half away from my house and I don't know anyone that lives there.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 10:54 PM   #5
bamabassman

i looked at it form the site wtl had on earlier. looks pretty dead to me, no cover at all cept for the piers. but i may be wrong on this. yea, i thought it was private, too much money to just go a few times a year. mountain woods lake in hayden is private too. used to not be, grew up fishing it as a kid. no mangment at all there. have alot of old schoolmates living on it. they say it needs to be fished more, but most residents don't want alot of "bassnuts" om "their lake". stuck up bunch of idiots if you ask me. instead, they want their kids ruining it with their jetskies and crap. a friend told me it was pretty nasty now. lots of garbage in it. oh well.. that's "progress" for ya huh? a great little lake just ruined.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.