Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-08, 10:56 AM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default high rock 7-27-08

water temp was 85 water was down 5+ feet. humidity was like a thick fog,the dew point was 81-lumpy even- boat was wet at 3 am came across my good friend and his wife in the main lake. i was running gps -he aint figure out his works yet- ran to swearing creek. we started in fishing spooks and poppers along the docks but got very little action about 5 am i switched to a buzz bait and caught one pee-dabber.. once it got light we started throwing cranks.. his missus started chunkin a 2" tsunami swim bait. did not take her catching 3 in a row to send both of us burrowing in the tackle boxes.

i caught a bit of everything swimming in high rock on that lil bait. 12 bass later big 4+ pounds. a bunch of crappie, some white perch,a couple brim and a 8 pound flat head that hit it like a truck..

highlight of my morning was when she lost a REALLY good bass 5+ pounds. she pitched a fit and cussed like a sailor..such vulgar language coming from a normally reserved southern lady is funny as hell sounding...

as the ski boat idiots showed that the lack of vizibility wont slow there stupidity down with vizablity at under 100 yards it was safer to haul mail and load up..

zooker
Old 07-27-08, 11:21 AM   #2
bamabassman

hahaha, loved it zooker. thanks pal.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 11:07 PM   #3
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

So basically you could have slept in another 2 or 3 hours and still caught fish???
Old 07-27-08, 11:11 PM   #4
Rebbasser

Tell 'em what your buddy thinks GPS stands for
Old 07-28-08, 05:50 PM   #5
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Tell 'em what your buddy thinks GPS stands for
and what get banned?? nah... i'll pass...

zooker
Old 07-28-08, 09:20 PM   #6
keithdog

Now ya have my gears spinning Reb! Great story Zooker. Don't ya just hate the water skiers!!! Three weeks ago I was fishing in a fairly large lake about 40 minutes from my home. I was fishing from my small 12 foot jon boat in the northwest corner fishing within a cast from a nice lilly pad field. Another couple guys in a small bass boat were casting about 35 yards from me in slightly deeper water. Along comes this MORON pulling a skier in a high powered 23 foot ski boat. Buy the way, MORON is the technical name for guys like this. Look it up. Anyways, despite having hundreds of acres of water to play in available, this MORON plows at full throttle right between my boat and the two guys next to me sending those guys for cover, and nearly flipping my boat. Of course the county cop who watches and patrols the lake was no where to be seen. Isn't that always the case! He had already left for the day.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 10:56 PM   #7
bamabassman

that is why i need to have a shotgun in da boat. put a hole in theirs and they won't do it again.
Old 07-29-08, 11:02 AM   #8
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Now ya have my gears spinning Reb! Great story Zooker. Don't ya just hate the water skiers!!! Three weeks ago I was fishing in a fairly large lake about 40 minutes from my home. I was fishing from my small 12 foot jon boat in the northwest corner fishing within a cast from a nice lilly pad field. Another couple guys in a small bass boat were casting about 35 yards from me in slightly deeper water. Along comes this MORON pulling a skier in a high powered 23 foot ski boat. Buy the way, MORON is the technical name for guys like this. Look it up. Anyways, despite having hundreds of acres of water to play in available, this MORON plows at full throttle right between my boat and the two guys next to me sending those guys for cover, and nearly flipping my boat. Of course the county cop who watches and patrols the lake was no where to be seen. Isn't that always the case! He had already left for the day.
Then people want to wonder why i fish rivers,creeks & streams.
No idiot would tempt that jet ski nonsense on old muddy. MR under undertow would want to play with jet ski.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 12:33 PM   #9
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Then people want to wonder why i fish rivers,creeks & streams.
No idiot would tempt that jet ski nonsense on old muddy. MR under undertow would want to play with jet ski.
Concider yourself lucky moose, Our next local tourney is at Moro Bay state park. Despite being a river full of logs, and trees the pleasure boaters, jet skiers and swimmers are out in full force on this place.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=15&iwloc=addr

Last edited by doc; 07-29-08 at 12:37 PM. Reason: trying to embed the damn google earth :(
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 04:48 PM   #10
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
that is why i need to have a shotgun in da boat. put a hole in theirs and they won't do it again.

rich morons know this word well "law suit" cause that is what will happen..

zooker
Old 07-29-08, 04:51 PM   #11
bamabassman

yea i know...but i still would like to do it.
Old 07-30-08, 02:26 PM   #12
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Concider yourself lucky moose, Our next local tourney is at Moro Bay state park. Despite being a river full of logs, and trees the pleasure boaters, jet skiers and swimmers are out in full force on this place.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=15&iwloc=addr
Well some rivers don't have strong currents either. If you don't respect the missouri people die. That's a fact. A river so large with such a strong current requires you to be on your game allot more. We deal with floater alerts all the time from the coast guard. Most of the time itz an idiot that treats her like a lake. I took her for granted before in my big lund. It allmost cost me big time. Now that i am in a canoe. Where i am at & what i'm doing is more important than fishing.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-08, 03:11 PM   #13
Snake2715
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
yea i know...but i still would like to do it.
paintball gun possibly?

Mine hits 25 balls a second.. spray and pray!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.