Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-06, 11:47 AM   #1
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Organization of Plastics

I wondered how you organize all of your soft plastics? I like to keep them in the bags that they come in and I just stuff all of those into one or two small tackle boxes. After a few minutes of fishng I can't even see the floor of the boat becuase I have them strewn all over the boat.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 11:56 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I was just telling a buddie at work I need to organize my plastic, I figure a big quart size baggie should seperate the worms from lizards, tubes and other craws etc
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 11:57 AM   #3
Curado
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I leave mine in the original bag but I take all my lizards and put them in a big zip-lock and lable the bag, then I'll take my trick worms and do the same etc. ...
Old 03-17-06, 12:03 PM   #4
bassinbob

I have a big plastic tub that I use in the boat. If I am shore fishing i carry what I need (keeping them in the original bags) in a fishing vest. Sometimes I take them in an old tackle bag. I usually keep them in the original bags but will put the last couple into the same kind of full bag. I have a worm wallet but i haven't used it yet.

Bob
Old 03-17-06, 12:11 PM   #5
seaphantom

Send a message via AIM to seaphantom

At BPS, you can buy a bunder/tackle box to sort out worms in speciua lbaggies. I've found those to be the most clean.

sp
Old 03-17-06, 12:28 PM   #6
lunkerhunter15
BassFishin.Com Member

I have a big wall of peg board and pegs that i hang all my plastics on.
lunkerhunter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 12:43 PM   #7
Bass Ackwards

I keep them in the original bags and them port them around in a zip-lock. One advantage to this is if I keep an open bag of Berkley Gulp worms every thing starts to take on the disgusting oder.
Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 01:50 PM   #8
bassmar
BassFishin.Com Member

Get a long tupperware (or similar) container. Check that the width and depth are about the same as the bags that most plastics come packaged in. You can get lots of bags into one of these and it is easy to find what you are looking for. Almost the same as flipping through a file drawer. And it is a lot cheaper then all the custom made boxes out there.
bassmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 02:17 PM   #9
Wishing2BFishing

I am slightly anal-retentive and consequently, I am always organizing my tackle or looking for new ways to organize.

Regarding my plastics, I have come up with a perfect organizational program.

I use the small binders from BPS for tubes, creatures, grubs, trailers, ect. The beauty of the binder is that I can sort by color (if you keep different colors together, they will often bleed into the other colors). Basically, I will put various sizes of the same color tube in each bag. Same with the grubs and creatures.

For my worms and flukes, I use the Falcon bags sold by Cabelas's. They stay in the original bag and just go into the Falcon bag for holding. The Falcon bags seem very sturdy.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 03:05 PM   #10
skeeter944

i have a plano 3600 that i keep my ribbontail and straightail worms in it.the box has 6 containers,so i put 3 differrent colors of ribbontail and 2 different colors in straight tail worms,and then a single row for hooks and sinkers. then i have another for finesse and jigs,dividing the rows in half to fit the smaller worms,jigs,and trailers in it.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 03:17 PM   #11
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Yeah, I use the ecomony plastic boxes (the ones with the moveable dividers) to seperate the types and colors of each style of soft plastic. We have like a dozen of these boxes with not only soft plastics, but for our cranks and other hard lures as well.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 03:35 PM   #12
PowerBass

I dont know yet, I keep tryin to find a box/sytem I like. They come close, but just dont seal the deal ya know
Old 03-17-06, 05:38 PM   #13
Rebbasser

I use the binders like you can get from BPS. I don't use the ring system-I can stuff more bags in it not using them. Most of them have a plastic window you can use to label the contents so you don't have to dig through each one to find what you are looking for. I keep them in the original bags and stuff them in the binder.
Old 03-17-06, 06:14 PM   #14
zooker

ok i am diffantly not in this class..tackle binders are fine but they don't have enough capacity for me..
i use 3600 plano pro latch boxes almost none of my plastics are in the oginal bags.-if they are in a bag they are dyed- i switch out the boxes to what i think i will need. but mine are set up depending on type of worms. i have a paca craw box,a baby paca box,a 4" dead ringer box,a finesse worm box,a trick worm box,a baby bush hog box,a wooley hawg tail box, 3-4"senko/knock off box,5-7" senko/knock off box,6" worm box,8" ribbon tailed worm box,8" sickle tailed box,10" old monster box,lizard's box, hula grub/knock offs box,and a swim bait box. every box has at least 6 differant colors in it.. i can haul 5 boxes in the flw bag-which i realy don't like- i am thinking to maybe uping it to a 3600 extreme bag. one for plastic's and a second-which is what i am currantly using-a 3700 bag for all the rest..

zooker
Old 03-18-06, 08:50 AM   #15
PowerBass

Or I will just throw them in my boat, and off I go, just hope I still float wiht all the plastic I own LOL
Old 03-18-06, 09:24 AM   #16
flbassman

I use a binder, but instead of grouping all like worms together, I have "mixes" of plastics that work at certain times. I.e. if it's spawn time, I'll pull out a bag containing floating worms, tiki stiks, lizards and maybe super flukes. If I'm fishing a cold front, I'll have small baits. Then, since I fish from shore, I'll put the binder somewhere safe, and just carry the bag.
Old 03-18-06, 10:28 AM   #17
Bender

Thanks for all of the ideas, I am going over to BPS tomorrow and see if I can find something that fits my needs.
Old 03-18-06, 04:30 PM   #18
bass kicker

i leave them in the original packaging and put them all in a seperate pocket of my tackle bage

1 for worms,dingers,
1 for jig trailers
1 for creature baits
1 for tubes
Old 03-19-06, 06:34 PM   #19
bassnman30

First of all, figure out which colors work best for you. Put those colors and those colors only in a 3600 box. (for me it's 2 different colors) To many colors can be confusing as to which one to use. You'r favorites may be black, blue, red, water mellon seed etc..
You may need two boxes, one for short worms, one for longer worms, senko's etc... But still use the colors which have produced best for you and don't be concerned about what the other guy is using. Confidence is the main objective.
Old 03-19-06, 06:46 PM   #20
bass kicker

thats exactly right
Old 03-19-06, 11:47 PM   #21
Bender

I ended up getting a Plano Bill Dance tackle bag. Now all 6 of the 3700 series boxes are full. One with creature type baits, two with worms, one with grubs and drop shotting stuff, one with flukes and tubes, and the last one with misc. stuff and some spinner baits. I will try this and see how it works for me, thanks for all of the input!
Old 03-20-06, 12:23 AM   #22
LoneStarAngler07

Send a message via AIM to LoneStarAngler07

i use em in the original packaging
Old 03-20-06, 07:34 AM   #23
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
I ended up getting a Plano Bill Dance tackle bag. Now all 6 of the 3700 series boxes are full. One with creature type baits, two with worms, one with grubs and drop shotting stuff, one with flukes and tubes, and the last one with misc. stuff and some spinner baits. I will try this and see how it works for me, thanks for all of the input!
What about lizards

Lizards
Old 03-20-06, 08:49 AM   #24
Bender

I put all of those in the "creature type" bait box. I only have a couple sections of actual GY Kreatures so the rest are lizards and a few paca crawls and brush hogs. Don't worry, there are plenty of lizards in there.
Edit: I just hope that all of this stuff doesn't dry up or I will be out $$$$$$!

Last edited by Bender; 03-20-06 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-20-06, 09:17 AM   #25
1FASTLASER

Its kinda funny that this post came up as because of the rain I am currently cleaning up my tackle. I bbought 2 tackle bags last year that holds 7 3700 boxes in the main portion of the bag and 3 3600 one in front and one on each side. Does a good job for me. All my tackle is carried that I need for a dys fishing in these 2 bags but I have a third that is nothing but cranks. 12 3700 boxes in the main storage are and 5 3600 boxes in the sides.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.