Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-07, 06:00 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Here in America

This link was attached to a email. The email in a nut shell says how the local and national radio/media won't play this song due to it not being Polictically correct. I think it's BS with all the crap they do play, but they won't play this. It is religious based in so don't listen if you don't want to. This is still America and everyone has the right to their opinion and beliefs.

http://gunbarrelcityradio.com/InGodWeStillTrust.wmv

Lizards
Old 01-29-07, 06:06 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Amen, brother.

Bob
Old 01-29-07, 06:30 PM   #3
skeeter944

Amen lizzy!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 08:23 PM   #4
flbassman

Amen. I find it hard to believe that they refuse to play it around here. People who believe seperation of church and state and seperation of religion and state are the same thing really irritate me.
Old 01-29-07, 08:27 PM   #5
crankybait

i do beleive in freedom of speech, but also against religion being part of schools. this is coming from a hindu's perspective. I beleive the song should be allowed to be played, and if you don't like it, then don't listen!
Old 01-29-07, 08:33 PM   #6
flbassman

I'm for a judeo-christian background philosophy in schools, with everyone free to follow as they choose or not, and a smaller representation of diversity. But hey, I don't make the rules......
Old 01-29-07, 09:42 PM   #7
Christopherkeene9

I know I'm only 16 but I'll be old enough to practice my right of voting in the next presidential election. So I need to look at all of the views now not then and not be one of these ignorant "kids" all the older people think of us(young people) now as.

Onto Political Correct, this is just wrong for someone to say that it can't be played nationally. Don't we have the right of free speech given to us in the 1st amendment? As Lizzy said they are showing/playing a whole lot more stuff that shouldn't be causing problems in Iraq and just slandering the politicians.

And the separation of Church and State is a bunch of stuff. Our Founding Fathers found this country that we live in today on the principles of God. Why shouldn't we stand on these principles and foundations Today? Its not like were forcing anyone to believe in what we do. Why did the first settlers come here? To run from religious persecution in Great Britain and other European Countries. That is why we now have the Freedom of religion. Freedom given to us by the men that gave up their lives before us. Which leads me to another story.

I heard Today on the Sean Hannity Show(1700 - 1730eastern) an interview of an injured veteran that was at an anti-war protest yesterday in Washington D.C . He lost his leg below the knee cap in Iraq. He was there at the protest to show them another view, that we must win in Iraq or all is lost and we will have bigger problems. While up at the podium he was threatened of his life, degrading insults shouted at him, and even afterwards had 3 people "waiting" for him. This again goes to show how ignorant and unappreciative these protesters where of his sacrifice for their Freedom of speech. Later on he was in a Peace March where he was spat upon and received the yelling of more insults. He later said"That day was the most disgraceful day of being an American" which he often said during the interview that he was proud to be an American.

Sorry for talking so long but this is my view!

Christopher

Last edited by Christopherkeene9; 01-29-07 at 10:26 PM.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 09:45 PM   #8
crankybait

hmm... shall we stop the political talk before it gts out of hand?
just saying... i've seen posts like this go to full out brawls on BDO
Old 01-30-07, 01:37 AM   #9
Super Fluke

What kind of Anti-American wouldn't play that song??????????????
Old 01-30-07, 06:50 AM   #10
crankybait

an atheist, perhaps?
Old 01-31-07, 12:32 AM   #11
Jolly
BassFishin.Com Active Member

OK, well, I am a Christian and I am going to disagree with everyone here and agree with the radio stations. Before you castrate me, let me explain myself and remember, this is just my humble opinion and doesn't affect anybody else. I think it is a great song, I like its message, I like everything about it (I listen to cuuntry almost exclusively, not just cuz I'm in texuus niithr). Also, I think it would be very appropriate to play on any Christian station. The separation of genre's is what allows us to choose what viewpoints expressed via song we choose to listen to. Melding a Christian/Country/political song all into one will cross the genre's and only lead to more censorship and fighting possibly ending in something that is not in our [Christian] favor (Ex. "Atheism Afternoon with Rock 101").

As a Christian, it would infuriate me if someone played an anti-semitic or atheist themed song on normal radio. I can't think of any of song of this type, but, that could be cause they don't play that crap on the radio. This parallels the way they don't play the extremely religious music on NORMAL (non-Christian) stations. It only makes sense that if they play one they are going to play the other. I'm willing to sacrifice this song for the sake of not hearing all the other crap.

Also, think of it from the stations point of view. They are in the radio game to make money and if they play deeply controversial music (Ex. Dixie Chicks) on their station the other people won't listen on principle alone. If they played an anti-semitic, atheist or racist themed song on normal radio, I wouldn't listen to that station any more, would you?

My point, Radio stations don't play these controversial type songs on normal radio stations because they are meant to satisfy a broad range of tastes, even if they are separated into genre's (Ex. country, R&B, Rock, etc.). If they begin playing these types of songs on normal radio stations, it seems it will only be a matter of time till we Christians start to see the exact opposite type of music on the radio stations we love. Yes they could turn off the radio but they could make the same argument toward us about their music. Again, I have never heard any music that resembles atheist or anything, however, I am sure Michael Newdow (look it up, you won't like him) has something he'd love to expose us all to.

Listen, I really like the song, but for us to play that on normal radio stations would give free reign to others to play the exact opposite and use our own arguments against us.

I really think playing something as truthful (IMO) and deeply religious as that would only hurt us in the long run. Keeping the status-quo will keep us happy with no need for a "freedom of religious expression" fight on our air waves.

I believe my ba!!s are still intact ,

Jolly
Old 01-31-07, 07:46 PM   #12
flbassman

Good argument Jolly. I believe you changed my mind.
Old 02-01-07, 01:39 AM   #13
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
I've seen posts like this go to full out brawls on BDO
Which is why I rarely venture over to BDO anymore.

Politically correct? Got this in an email-defines it pretty well as far as I'm concerned:

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 02-01-07, 04:41 PM   #14
Vabass22

First off let me say that I am not an atheist, but not a Christian either. Not a Pagan, Hindu, Muslim. I am a Unitarian Universalist, which means anyone in the church can believe what they want w/out being judged. Basically we welcome anyone. I believe that that song is not terrible, as neither is atheist, or a Pagan, Hindu or any other religious song. I accept that this country is probably over 80% Christian. That means GOD, and his mesages will be everywhere. I have no problwm with this, as it is not FORCED on me. If it was I would have a problem. By playing that song over the radio, they are not forcing it on anyone, so I would have no problem w/ it!
Old 02-01-07, 04:45 PM   #15
Vabass22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopherkeene9 View Post
I heard Today on the Sean Hannity Show(1700 - 1730eastern) an interview of an injured veteran that was at an anti-war protest yesterday in Washington D.C . He lost his leg below the knee cap in Iraq. He was there at the protest to show them another view, that we must win in Iraq or all is lost and we will have bigger problems. While up at the podium he was threatened of his life, degrading insults shouted at him, and even afterwards had 3 people "waiting" for him. This again goes to show how ignorant and unappreciative these protesters where of his sacrifice for their Freedom of speech. Later on he was in a Peace March where he was spat upon and received the yelling of more insults. He later said"That day was the most disgraceful day of being an American" which he often said during the interview that he was proud to be an American.

Sorry for talking so long but this is my view!

Christopher
Just remember that not everyone at that march acted like that. In every group there will be unruly/uncontrollable individuals. Its undeniable. Im not justifyin what happened what was done to him, and I believe that whoever was involved with that should be prosecuted, and punished fairly.
Old 02-01-07, 07:48 PM   #16
Wishing2BFishing

Politically correct is wrong. Remember our founding fathers, they weren't politically correct and truly performed an experiment when they discussed and drafted the Constitution.

And "Zero tolerance" is stupid. It just erodes our ability to think and analyze each situation on a case by case basis. That is why we hear about students getting suspended for bringing a nail clipper to school.

And CENSORSHIP . . . I don't want it. Let the people decide what they like and don't like.

Lastly, lets stop the "no child left behind" rhetoric. It costs money . . . lots and lots of money. The policy isn't working.

I better just stop myself before I go on a tangent. After all, I don't want to offend someone with a belief that is contra to their belief. That wouldn't be politically correct.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.