Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-05, 02:26 PM   #1
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32
Default Went Fishing This Weekend

Went Fishing This Weekend With My Cousin Who Is Going To Turn Pro This Year. He Is A Hell Of A Fisherman. We Went About An Hour And I Caught The First Bass Off A Stump. It Was Getting Late And All The Sudden He Turned On He Caught A Nice Smallie. Went A Little Further Down And He Caught Back To Back 4 Lb. Smallmouth. I Couldnt Believe It Then A Few Casts Later A Nice Largemouth. A Little Later A 4 Lb. Largemouth. He Is An Animal Lol. I Was In The Back Of The Boat Watching In Awe. I Couldnt Catch Anything In His Already Fished Waters. I Had A Great Time Even Though I Only Caught One. What A Day.
Old 11-21-05, 04:55 PM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thats great,It sounds like you have got a great oppertunity to learn alot from him.Being related he will be more willing to help you, but you can learn alot by watching how he presents the lure to get the fish to bite it.Once you see how he is fishing it, you can imitate his actions and hopefully catch a few fish that he missed.Never turn down a chance to fish with him because he seems to be too good compared to you, Its a great oppertunity to get better in a hurry. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-05, 06:02 PM   #3
bassthumb32

I Do Watch Him And Study Him. Its Hard To Keep Up With Everything He Does. I Cant Learn Everything That He Does In A Day Its Just To Much. He Quzies Me After The End Of Each Day And If I Didnt Learn Or Pick Up On A Certain Thing He Will Say Next Time. Lol. And I Never Turn Down A Chance To Fish With Him I Went With Him Dozens Of Times This Summer. Learnt So Much Stuff. WHEN IM BY MYSELF FISHING OR WITH A FRIEND I FEEL LIKE IM THE BEST IN THE WORLD, BUT EVERY TIME I GO WITH HIM AGAIN I FEEL LIKE I KNOW NOTHING. LOL. THANKS PNJ
Old 11-21-05, 07:37 PM   #4
fishinboy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to fishinboy

You said he was "goin" pro, he must be a good fisherman, my fishin team coach knows a heck of a lot about fishin, but surley not as much as your cousin. do you know when he is joinin up the pros? what is his name so i watch for him at the pro tournaments on t.v.? your lucky to know someone who knows that much about fishin.
Old 11-21-05, 08:00 PM   #5
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad you had a good time. And glad you learned something. Now learn the every word you type, the first letter doesn't need to be capitalized LOL. It was tough reading that. Hope he finds his dreams in the Pro's, lot's of hard work, and lots of tough competition, but desire can overcome a lot of things. Hope you get to fish with him often.

Lizards
Old 11-22-05, 03:19 PM   #6
bassthumb32

He doesnt know how much longer he can fish his daughters are starting to grow up and he wants to be there for that so if he doesnt make it big soon he prolly wont be fishing seriously many more years and the capitals are from if you have your caps lock down thats how they show up on the site. i have the caps on all the time at work sorry ill try to watch that lisards.

Last edited by bassthumb32; 11-22-05 at 03:28 PM.
bassthumb32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.