Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-11, 10:19 AM   #1
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Table Rock 4/12-4/14

Had a blast again this year. Caught around 200 between us over three days.

Day one was the best day. I had around 17 lbs., and my buddy who fished with me would have had around 13. Mine was anchored by a 5.5 lb largemouth.

Started off the morning with some awesome topwater action. This was the best Spotted bass of the trip. Just shy of 2 3/4.

My buddy caught this 3 lb. Smallie on a X-Rap during the topwater flurry.

Day 1 slowed a bit after the topwater bite, but we found a bunch on bluff ends with a H20 Express CRM in Bad Dad color (Thanks to Jrob for hooking me up!). Caught quite a few small females in about 7' of water with the crank. Most around 2.5 to 3 lbs.

Then, right where she should have been, on a chunk rock to pea gravel transition - 5.5 lbs - on the CRM.

The second day I would have had about 12 and him the same. Could have tried a little harder I suppose, but we found a spot that yielded 1-2 lb. Spots, LM and Smallies nearly on every cast for 2 hours. All on a Shakey Head. I am however convinced that you don't catch quality with a Shakey Head after this ordeal. I could literally catch these 1-2 lb. bass at will in 8' of water on bluff ends on the shakey head, switch to a jig and pull 3 lbers.

Day 3 was a good day as well. Would have had around 13 lbs. for each of us. The wind picked up a bit and made the jerkbait bite really good. The smallies were stacked on pea gravel points. We caught numbers with the occasional good 2+ lber mixed in. I lost a 4 at the boat on the third cast of the day. Lucky Craft Pointer 100 in Aurora Shad were the all we could get bit on. Tried just about every other jerk we had, but it just wasn't as good. We of course left the camera at the cabin on day three. so no smallie pics. The afternoon was super windy. I knew that if we could stay in the wind and fish the jerkbait, we would load the boat. Unfortunately, our rental boat trolling motor just didn't have the power we needed to stay set up right on the points. We were forced to go back on the bluff walls and catch Spots and Crappie on every cast with a Shakey Head. I was OK with that as well. I bought an Ultra Light at BPS the night before just for such an occasion.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.