Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-05, 09:41 AM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Lizards, You have your work cut out for you

My buddies just got back from Eric bass fishing and also walleye fishing, tubes and crankbaits,
the general concensous is THE LAKE IS DEAD!~ right now at least...they fished all week, no bites, except for sheepheads Yuck
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-05, 10:27 AM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

JB, We all know that tomorrow can be totally different than Yesterday. We all know there is things that you can do to adjust to make a difference in catching fish or being a Zero. I refuse to think that it is impossible to catch fish on any given day.The day that I think that I can't catch fish will be the day I quit fishing.Lizards has an advantage because he will not be conditioned to fishing certain spots since he has no favorite honey holes,or certain favorite lures for the lake. He and his partner will fish a seasonal pattern and figure out what the fish are doing and what activity level they are at and change their lure presentations to catch fish.Most people who fish the same lakes all year long tend to lose track of the seasonal pattern because their favorite spots will usually always produce a fish or 2 year round.They very well could be missing the best fishing elsewhere, because they are too confident to change areas or the lure choices to make a difference. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 09:51 AM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Just read this, left friday morning to head up there. Well the sheppheads were active, my partner caught 4 LOL. I put a post in the fishing reports section. It was tough for us, but lots of folks caught fish. We just weren't in the majority. Anyway thanks for the tips even though I didn't get them till now. I do have to fish it again for a 2 day toruney on 10, and 11th of september. So I'll get another shot at it.

PNJ,

Well I'm definately wasn't conditioned, and I'm still not, since we didn't catch any fish. I still don't know where or how to catch them LOL.

Lizards
Old 08-21-05, 10:26 AM   #4
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Lizards, If the partner(boater) can't put you on fish,it is impossible to catch them. Its one thing if your boater limited out and culled and you didn't catch any fish, but when the boater zeroed out , you never had a chance in hell to catch any fish.You need a stun gun to take over ship when the idiots with more money than brains can't put you on fish. Take a roll of duct tape to contain him with because when he recovers from the stun gun episode, he is going to be a little bit upset. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.