Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-12, 08:30 AM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Checking in after SANDY

What a storm. Lots of rain and wind, still raining and breezy, but I came through just fine. Still have electric, only minor damage outside to my vinyl "garage" where I store my boat - a tree limb went through it and the wind took the hole that made and turned it into about an 8' long tear, that is probably not repairable, that will need replaced. Luckily my boat is STILL in the shop getting the hull reparied and isn't here. Otherwise I think we're good.

Others in this region were not so lucky. The town I live in is in a hollow and the streets are still flooded in spots, but I'm on a ridge on the north side and ok as far as flooding goes. Everything in the area is closed today, my wife's business is closed so she is home. Lot of trees down, wires down, flooding, and many areas are without power and will be for a couple days, so getting around for the next few days may be difficult.

The biggest thing was for the first time in history ALL the interstates, and highways going through the City of Philadelaphia were shut down. Could not go in or get out, the 4 bridges connecting PA and NJ were closed last night. That gets your attention.

New Jersey got hammered, I'm sure you've seen the pics from their coasts. New York City also. Prayers go out to those poor people along the mid-Atlantic coast from the Carolinas to Maine. That will be months getting cleaned up.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 09:57 AM   #2
Captmikestarrett

Just fine down here in Merlind.

Snakeheads (Potomac Pike) are swimming in my roof gutters. Small dog missing next door may have been eatin by one. Too soon to tell.

Capt Mike
Old 10-30-12, 10:39 AM   #3
dave
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Just fine slightly north of the Capt. I'm at work. No power. Operating off a generator. Looking at a very slow day. Lot's of web surfing in my future today.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 11:42 AM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

glad to read everyone is ok. having been through a cat 5 (ivan) myself. i understand EXACTLY what you folks are going through. what amazed me was the sharks swimming in the streets. i figured the capt would be heading over to lad a couple, lol.

all ya'll be careful up there ok? property buildings, cars,boats, etc, can be repaired/replaced....but YOU can't. so take care out there. watch for animals everywhere that normally aren't there. you'd be surprised at what oyu'll see wash up from a storm like that.
Old 10-30-12, 01:36 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad to see everyone here is safe and sound. I can't imagine taking the brunt of a storm like that. Over here in NW Indiana, I live near Lake Michigan, and the waves from the storms outer bands are causing 25 foot waves. We are just getting touched by the western edge of Sandy. Winds here are gusting occationally at 60mph. No major damage, just power outages mainly. I was told to stay home today from work because it is so windy they are not sending out any service trucks, and there is no work to be done in the shop. I hope you all out east dry up sooner than later!
Old 10-30-12, 05:08 PM   #6
3dkicker

Worst I've got is my gutter on back of house pulled away. Need to replace it anyways. Plenty of pine needles from my trees littering the neighborhood. Actually a good thing now that they are all down. I can clean out my gutters once and be done with it. We were fortunate that no tornados came in with this storm......
Old 10-30-12, 07:05 PM   #7
nobass

glad to hear all ok . know what its like got hit with torando 7 years ago. just be careful out there cleaning up

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.