Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-11, 11:42 AM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Latest Outdoor show

Monkey got me this time!!! Spent two days selling baits but this time he got me with a couple deals I couldn't pass up.
Got a rebuilt 25P Quicksilver 3 blade for $100. As Mike puts it..."Rat Killer!" Also picked up one of GL's new rods a TFO 6'6" Med Spinning rod for $95. Got some dirt on the reason why Gary is involved in building new rods for TFO and not for Shimano.
Found a used Daiwa Mag 103HA baitcaster that is in good shape for $15. I now have an extra rod/reel combo or two for the high school kids that I take out in the State Qualifiers. Some of the kids have some good gear but others need a little help.
Picked up a couple bags of Zoom Super Hogs for $2 each. Can't pass that deal up.
Got some pics of the latest show but no way of uploading them today. Will post them later.

Also got to play with one of the new Lew's reels. Took a look at them on Cabela's and was wondering if anyone had a chance to play with one yet??? Very compact and light reels. Need to test one out and I have a Cabela's gift card that the Monkey is tugging at right now!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lews.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	6262  

Last edited by 3dkicker; 02-21-11 at 12:44 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 01:16 PM   #2
Bender

I bought a Tournament Pro last weekend since I found them in left-hand. It is replacing a Chronarch Mg50 for jerkbaits for me. I used it yesterday a little bit and it casts a mile, is very light, and I had no problems with it. I like the fact that they added a lube port on for the gear on the bottom too. Overall it seems like a very well designed reel that is $175 less than a Core, which I would guess is the comparable Shimano.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 01:59 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Congrats on the new stuff!

I'm interested to hear how you like that TFO rod and what you found out about Gary Loomis. As far as I know, he sold G Loomis to Shimano in 1997 after being diagnosed with cancer in 1995. After the sale, he stayed on with Shimano for 10 years or so.

Since his leaving, Shimano has attempted to sue Gary more than once. Once I know of for the use of his name on products, claiming it was owned by them. And another recent lawsuit against North Fork Composites for reasons I don't know.

As far as I know, Gary only offered input to the design and specs of the TFO rods, but is not connected in any other way - they aren't his blanks, and he has nothing to do with manufacturing the blanks used or producing the rods.

BB
Old 02-21-11, 02:01 PM   #4
3dkicker

Bender - Saw three different versions of it online and don't know which one I played with. Which version do you have???

BB - Check the other post on Loomis.
Old 02-21-11, 02:18 PM   #5
Bender

I have the Tournament Pro, with the carbon fiber handle. It is very lightweight for an aluminum frame at 6.7 oz.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 04:22 PM   #6
3dkicker

Got it. Didn't realize that each reel had a different name. Thought that they all were Tournament Pro's with a number or letters to tell the difference between the models.
Old 02-24-11, 05:35 PM   #7
3dkicker

Sorry it took so long but here's a few pics of this years Orange Co Outdoor Show. This is an example of what dedicated teachers, parents, and good kids can do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0614.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	6279   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0613.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	6280   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0615.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	6281  
Old 02-24-11, 08:15 PM   #8
Captmikestarrett

Did anybody show up?

Such a long drive for me...

Capt Mike
Old 02-25-11, 04:21 PM   #9
3dkicker

I had a good day on Sat. Sold the rest of the crankbaits that I had for sale and a couple old Shimano reels. Numbers were down since it was 70 degrees both days and everyone wanted to go fishing....until the wind blew them off the water. Sunday post church crowd never developed. But still best show they've had in a couple years with the new earlier date.

Pics were taken Sunday afternoon so it was slow. Easy time to get around and work some deals. Got a couple guest speakers for the club meetings.

ps BBQ sammiches were sold out Sat at 11:15. I got mine at 10:38.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.