Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-11, 05:35 PM   #1
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up Quantum - Zebcobrands

Last year I had two Quantum rods break on me. One was a 7'MH Quantum PT Energy and the other was a Quantum PT Superlite (#1 reason why I'm going to Powell). Well, after having them sit in a rod tube all winter I finally sent them in. I sent the broke parts in with them and a little note that had my name and address on it. That was it. They went out on Monday of last week.

Today I receive an e-mail from them saying my two new rods are shipped out. No charge and no shipping charge. Not bad if you ask me.

So if you are looking for a good warranty program I would look into Quantum.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 11:11 AM   #2
gamecock bassman
BassFishin.Com Member

I love Quantums baitcasters they are some smooth throwing reels too.
gamecock bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 12:04 PM   #3
rrw4258

Good to know... i am now up to 7 Superlites, and have 2 Tour KVD Crankbait rods, and a few energy's as well... good to know they have good customer service.... never broke a Quantum Rod.... knocking on wood...

BTW, since you sent them a superlite and they are no longer made, what are they replacing it with, a Smoke?

Ryan
Old 03-31-11, 01:15 PM   #4
bowhunter63
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the info,good company for sure.
Old 03-31-11, 02:17 PM   #5
MIbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw4258 View Post
Good to know... i am now up to 7 Superlites, and have 2 Tour KVD Crankbait rods, and a few energy's as well... good to know they have good customer service.... never broke a Quantum Rod.... knocking on wood...

BTW, since you sent them a superlite and they are no longer made, what are they replacing it with, a Smoke?

Ryan
No, the spinning rod that broke they sent me a PT Tour spinning rod. It is pretty light, but no Superlite.

I'm happy as it was no questions asked and no money for the exchange, except for the shipping to them.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 09:40 AM   #6
BassinMic
BassFishin.Com Member

While we're on the subject of Quantum, A month ago I got a good deal on the KVD PT reel at the BPS during the sale with a trade in. The second time I used it I started having problems with the reel not engaging aftger I make a cast. I'd have to manualy click the button back up to reel in. Never had owned a Quantum reel before this. Did some checking on the net and apparently there's been multiple problems with Quantums this year, something about a bent spring. Should I just return it to BPS or should I go through Quantum? I love how the reel casts and handles, still undecided whether I want to take a chance and go with the same reel again or maybe try something else such as a Revo.
BassinMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 04:33 PM   #7
rrw4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinMic View Post
While we're on the subject of Quantum, A month ago I got a good deal on the KVD PT reel at the BPS during the sale with a trade in. The second time I used it I started having problems with the reel not engaging aftger I make a cast. I'd have to manualy click the button back up to reel in. Never had owned a Quantum reel before this. Did some checking on the net and apparently there's been multiple problems with Quantums this year, something about a bent spring. Should I just return it to BPS or should I go through Quantum? I love how the reel casts and handles, still undecided whether I want to take a chance and go with the same reel again or maybe try something else such as a Revo.
If it is within 30 days, BPS will exchange it for you... or give you your money back. Beyond the 30 days you have to go with Quantum. They should give you no problems though (Quantum or BPS).

Ryan

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.