Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-05, 08:06 PM   #1
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default How has your fishing year turned out?

Now that we are 11 months into the season and its getting cold, I guess its becoming the time to start looking back at this years fishing. I must say that I've had a very off year, in my little log book right now I have caught about 100 fewer bass this year than I did last year. That being said I really concentrated on about 3 boat ramps last year and one creek and got good at them all, this year I've been all over the place trying new things and new places. I have managed what I would consider 2 big fish compared to just 1 from last year. I guess progress doesn't alway come in a straight line, next year I will probably concentrate more on G'ville, Wheeler and Florida to the exclusion of some of the boat rides and sightseeing I've done this year. Maybe the tale of how much I have progressed will not be told this year, but rather next year when I can settle down and apply what useful things I have learned in the past 11 months.

Enough about me though, how have you guys done this year?
Old 11-24-05, 08:16 PM   #2
JB

I had a ball fishing this year, probably fished more this year than years past. Plus I got my biggest bass (8.324lbs.) this year, and also got to fish many lakes with DennyK...the only disappointment was after sept the bite disappeared, no fall feed..I guess it came late and was hit or miss.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 09:22 PM   #3
zooker

the fishing was iffy at best. i had a major crappy year.. the bites were light to just tention on the line. i have caught 1/2 as many this year as last year. and only 2-3 bass over 7 pounds.

zooker
Old 11-24-05, 09:43 PM   #4
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i had a pretty bad year and i didn't get to fun fish alot..moved into a new house in june and that kept me just too dam busy...i will make up for it this coming season.yeah,i agree with zook...i've actually had a terrible year.
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 10:51 PM   #5
Fishie

I say I have had a good year. I found three new lakes to fish this year that I didn't know about last year which is good. Also caught some nice ones and so far I think I am learning how to adapt to weather conditions and present baits better. All in all it was a good year so far.
Old 11-24-05, 10:53 PM   #6
abugarcia6
BassFishin.Com Active Member

great year...caught a tun of bass and caught a few 4 pounders as well as my biggest a 6 poounder back in early july
Old 11-25-05, 12:03 AM   #7
KH.

not alot of fish, but 6 fish at,or right over 5 pounds. i will start a log next year,then see how i do
Old 11-25-05, 12:31 AM   #8
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Well fishin this year didnt happen too much for me only during the summer when i actually had a truck, but the fish werent very aggressive this year seems like they were slackin. Didnt really hook any real big hawgs but other than that fishin is fishin and i had fun.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 12:33 AM   #9
KH.

trevor, i am digging your signature,what happened to the jon deere thing
Old 11-25-05, 01:05 AM   #10
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Wasnt feelin it man its all still kinda in the works for avatars lol
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 08:19 AM   #11
Denny_K

Default Killer

I had a great year with JB .I caught more fish this year than I have in the past 2 yrs. I would say. Jb and I had fished alot this year together and really had a blast fishing and laughing.I have learned alot from Jb and the fishing shows this year...great memories.If I had to pick one it would be the Hogg Jb got At Middle Fork in Indiana his 8.324lb Lrg. Mouth.You couldn't wipe that smile off his face.I have to say one disappointment this year for me was I didn't get alot of crankbait fish .I catch a boat load of bass with the scum frog.Hope everybody had a goodyr.
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 08:36 AM   #12
pig n jig

Well I am content with how I did.I got away from the jig & topwater a little bit this year and was surprised at how many I caught using other lures for basically the first time in years. I have spent more money this year and need to figure out a new tackle pack system to hold the new baits that I am going to fish next year, so I see the saving money thing is out the window. I don't think I caught the big numbers of fish I did the last couple of years, but I caught more quality fish to make up the difference.The swimbait was kind of disappointing, it caught fish , but nothing you read about in the articles you see on them.The fish you do catch are few compared to other lures.The Norman thin N & spinnerbait has been the biggest surprise for numbers for me this year.They caught alot of solid 2-3 lb fish for me.Only having only bought 1 Thin N to try, I will be buying a few more for next year. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 10:01 AM   #13
zooker

lol he said spinner bait....

zooker
Old 11-25-05, 10:28 AM   #14
River stumps

Getting out there has been awsome for me this year. Had a good year. fell off the boat only once, other than that every thing went great. Didn't catch any hawgs but did catch some ( Not alot) of good healthy fish in the 2,3 and occasionally a 4 lbr. Lost a couple of 5ves. Didn't loose any baits, but I did loose a good pair of fishermans pliers when I went into the drink. My boat was good to me, it held up good, started every time and no battery failures.....Missing one major thing! I've a 200 Dodge Ram in immaculste condition that I use to pull my boat. My buddy and I went to Tulls Bay for some bass fishing last week. Got there about 2Pm, no trailers at the ramp, we put in and fished until almost dark, while coimming back up through the canal to the ramp we noticed two young men setting in a red car, i told my buddy that I didn't like the looks of things, but we had no choice but to come in, I parked the boat and while I was loading the boat the two men high tailed it out of the lot, we thought nothing of it at the time. But the next morning I went out to the truck and noticed the passenger side wes demolished with scratches to the metal and with obscene material etched into the metal... My Insurance Adj says from the content of the message, he believes it was peta. Don't know for sure,but won't fish there again. Cost the Ins $1.100. But anyway that was my year. I may or may not go one more time before it gets too cold. Happt fishing to all. RS
Old 11-25-05, 07:26 PM   #15
bh51501

pretty good
Old 11-28-05, 12:45 PM   #16
Fish2win

Mine has been very enjoyable. I caught (so far) 11 smallmouth over 5 lbs with 4 being over 6. My 15 year old son who has finally gotten interested in serious fishing caught his first over 5 lb smallie. It was a 5.5. The largemouth bite has been very good. I had 1 over 7 and a few over 5. Had 4 over 4 one night. I spent less time on the water over all. Just as many days but less hours per day. In my younger days I used to spend a lot of 10 hour days now 4 to 6 hours is all I can take. I used to do a lot of 12 hours night fishing and tiournaments. Now it just wears me out. Its strange how at 55 you can still put in the hours and function the next day at work but at 57 your cant. I dont think I will ever stop fishing after 45 years. Fish2win
Old 11-28-05, 01:02 PM   #17
scrap

i am new at serious bass fishing this year and got a late start at that. i had one big fish on and he got away, but i was hooked.(i caught other fish too) i found this forum where i have learned much. i check nearly everyday for advice and tips on how to catch them thar fish. i enjoy being out there on the water, and catching and releasing the fish is a plus. so keep the tips, advice, and experience from your outings posted. i am looking forward to next year's fishing, and honestly, i wish spring was tomorrow..................
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 01:22 PM   #18
River stumps

Yea Scrap, I've got the same feeling. Now that it's cold I don't get out much either. Sounds like you are definitenly hooked and having a good time. Spring will be here before you know it, and time to get back out there again. I had a good year, didn't catch anything big some 2,3 and a few 4lbrs but all and all a good year just being on the water. Look foward to some good reports from you. Good fishing to you. R.S
Old 11-28-05, 05:35 PM   #19
Sluggo Man

I didn't get to fish a whole lot this year, but when I did go, I had a lot of fun.
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 08:01 AM   #20
southernsnatcher

well i didnt get to fish AT ALL this year... but i had fun lookin at all of yall's fish..and followin the tourny's on here..
southernsnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.