Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-08, 02:38 PM   #1
damian2b
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Back Order Till June

About 3 weeks ago my fiance ordered me a Team Daiwa PRO TD baitcaster for my birthday and well just my luck it got put on back order at Bass Pro until June. My issue is that particular reel was going to be my first ever baitcaster. I was planning on being able to use it efficiantly by JUNE (meaning starting to practice)!

So now I am again in the market and have narrowed down my likes to the Daiwa Viento and the Abu Garcia Revo STX low profile. Never having used either does anyone have any experience with these or something similar to these? I know there are a dozen different brands of baitcasters (probably more) but these two brands for whatever reason jump out at me.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Old 04-10-08, 03:35 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I own a Viento, and I'm very happy with it. The twitching bar is a great feature! As for the Abu: I've never used the STX, but I have used the SX. It is a great reel too. Most of the guys here will you tell that the Revo's are good reels, and I agree. I'm positive you won't be dissappointed with either of your choices.

The only thing I'd say would be that since you are starting out with a higher quality reel ($200), you probably won't be as impressed when your TD comes.

BB
Old 04-10-08, 04:15 PM   #3
damian2b

Thanks for the info. I've canceled the order for the TD. Thankfully I have $70 in gift cards to BPS so I have some wiggle room concerning the price. How high does the Viento sit on the rod?

Last edited by damian2b; 04-10-08 at 04:21 PM.
damian2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-08, 09:27 PM   #4
BassBoySouth
BassFishin.Com Member

I have a couple stx's and they're great reels
BassBoySouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-08, 02:05 AM   #5
carolina-rig-01

i love revo's, they are just awesome! you really should at least look into them before making a final decision. but it really comes down to what you feel comfortable with.
Old 04-11-08, 05:03 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Damian, I don't know off the top of my head, but I'll look and get you a picture.

BB
Old 04-11-08, 10:44 PM   #7
fishwrench
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to fishwrench Send a message via Yahoo to fishwrench

I love the STX reels; great choice. They're lightweight and really smooth. However, have you looked at a Revo Premiere? The price point goes up, but wow - talk about lightweight. I just about threw the reel through the ceiling when I picked it up. I was expecting a little weight there, but it had nothing. I can't believe how light it is.
Old 04-14-08, 11:07 AM   #8
damian2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwrench View Post
I love the STX reels; great choice. They're lightweight and really smooth. However, have you looked at a Revo Premiere? The price point goes up, but wow - talk about lightweight. I just about threw the reel through the ceiling when I picked it up. I was expecting a little weight there, but it had nothing. I can't believe how light it is.
I havent checked into the premiere just yet but will scope things out. I think I am heading over to BPS at lunch today to feel around. Any wagers on whether or not i walk outta there without buying anything?! lol
Old 04-14-08, 03:51 PM   #9
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have the STX and the Premiere. I like the way the STX casts over the Premiere. Of course I have the STX spooled with braid and the Prem. spooled with mono. I have to educate my thumb some more for mono. I've never used the Daiwa so I can't comment on them. I do like the Revo's over the old green Curado's.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.