Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-05, 04:00 PM   #1
LowDownSOB
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New 10lb Club Member

Hit Castaic Lake last night with a buddy about 1am. We beat the banks for hours with no luck. Around 3am I tied on a 3/8 oz Blue and Black Rattling Jig with a Black craw trailer. I worked the jig every which way with no luck. About 3:45 am I was swimming the jig when it got nailed! I knew it was a good one the moment I set the hook. After 5 jumps and some serious heart pounding, I reached down and lipped her. Huge mouth, big black marble eyes, she was a beauty. Digital scale weight = 10.3 lbs
I've been trying to catch this fish for a long time, and breaking into the 10's has always been a personal goal. I've spent many hours walking the shore at night waiting for a moment that was over in minutes. After a few pics I placed her back into the water, said thanks, and watched her swim away.
Sure am glad I went fishing last night.
Old 10-06-05, 04:15 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

hey man nice fish so where are the pics.......
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 05:51 PM   #3
LowDownSOB
BassFishin.Com Member

454ss,
Pics were taken on one of those disposable cameras. I think I've only taken 6 fish pics so far. I don't think I can wait to use it up (I really want to see what they looks like). When I get them developed I post the pics. If I can figure out how???
Old 10-06-05, 06:07 PM   #4
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

If you get them printed and do not have a scanner PM me, I'll give you my address and mail them to me. I'll scan and post them and mail them back. I know I want to see them!
Old 10-06-05, 06:07 PM   #5
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

To post pics first scan them and have them stored in your PC in case it´s not a digital picture, once scanned go to any of the host websites and upload it there. To post it here click on it to enlargen, then RIGHT click on it, go to Properties, a windows will open, in the middle of that window there´s code: http....... left click and without releasing the button drag your cursor over the code to highlight it ( it will turn blue ), once highlighted RIGHT click and COPY, now you have the URL adress: Come here write your message and to show the pic click on the icon that has 2 hills on top of the reply box, a window will open in the upper left corner of the screen, place your cursor in the white part, RIGHT click and PASTE, then click on ACCEPT. The pic will appear when you preview the post or submit the reply.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 07:12 PM   #6
KH.

see thats why some women are better than fishing then men,they have nore patience
Old 10-06-05, 07:46 PM   #7
rrw4258

nice fish man, and i thought my six and seven lber were big. Keep up the good work. I have also heard of some nice bass between 15 and 20 pounds coming out of Lake Caistic. GOOD JOB!!!
Old 10-06-05, 08:02 PM   #8
KH.

im yet to be in here,but im sure it wont be long
Old 10-06-05, 08:54 PM   #9
LowDownSOB
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the instructions Raul.
Rebbasser, a thousand thanks for the offer, when I develop, I'll have them put the pics on a disk and download from there.
rrw4258, I've caught and landed 6 9lb+ fish so I kinda have an idea of what they feel and look like when the break the surface. Last month I hooked a pig but she didn't jump for 20 min. That's because when I set the hook, she ran for deep water and had my line wrapped up in something. after 5 min of tugging at the line, I gave her a bunch of slack and watched my line. Sure enough she took up the slack and ran again. Tried walking up and down the shore to dislodge the snag but no luck. So...... I Pulled out about 5 yards of line, backed off on the drag, put my rig in a rod holder, and proceeded to have a sandwich and beer. 15 min later, she started taking up the slack again so I pulled another 10 yards of line to see if she would clear the snag herself. I then re-set the drag and tried to turn her head back towards shore. She cleared the snag and went straight up like a cork. When I saw the size of this fish my heart started pounding and I said, damn!, she's gotta be a 13 or more. The sad ending is she broke me off 20 feet from shore at what I think was the area on my line where she 1sthad me snagged. Can you say depression with strong thoughts of suicide?
kh51501, it took me 20 years to catch last nights fish, who knows, maybe it's your turn next. Like my dear 'ol Dad used to say, "ya never fail until you stop trying."
Old 10-06-05, 09:23 PM   #10
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDownSOB
Thanks for the instructions Raul.
Rebbasser, a thousand thanks for the offer, when I develop, I'll have them put the pics on a disk and download from there.
rrw4258, I've caught and landed 6 9lb+ fish so I kinda have an idea of what they feel and look like when the break the surface. Last month I hooked a pig but she didn't jump for 20 min. That's because when I set the hook, she ran for deep water and had my line wrapped up in something. after 5 min of tugging at the line, I gave her a bunch of slack and watched my line. Sure enough she took up the slack and ran again. Tried walking up and down the shore to dislodge the snag but no luck. So...... I Pulled out about 5 yards of line, backed off on the drag, put my rig in a rod holder, and proceeded to have a sandwich and beer. 15 min later, she started taking up the slack again so I pulled another 10 yards of line to see if she would clear the snag herself. I then re-set the drag and tried to turn her head back towards shore. She cleared the snag and went straight up like a cork. When I saw the size of this fish my heart started pounding and I said, damn!, she's gotta be a 13 or more. The sad ending is she broke me off 20 feet from shore at what I think was the area on my line where she 1sthad me snagged. Can you say depression with strong thoughts of suicide?
kh51501, it took me 20 years to catch last nights fish, who knows, maybe it's your turn next. Like my dear 'ol Dad used to say, "ya never fail until you stop trying."

yeah i bet it took some time,ive only been fishing for two years and im only 14,i should have said i hope it doesnt take to long.great to have you on the site
Old 10-07-05, 02:38 AM   #11
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well you LOW DOWN SOB, that was MY fish, what are you doing catching her LOL. Congrats, that's what most of us hope to catch. Just a little harder up north, but can be done. Keep catching them Hawgs. And way to go on the release. I honestly don't know if I will or not, but I can't wait till I catch her to find out LOL.

Lizards
Old 10-07-05, 11:18 AM   #12
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh51501
yeah i bet it took some time,ive only been fishing for two years and im only 14,i should have said i hope it doesnt take to long.great to have you on the site
That dont mean nothin KH. Im 14 and I have a 10lb 3oz on the wall and a pic of the 8 I caught on the wall. But welcome to the 10 club man! Im looking forward to the pics.
Old 10-07-05, 11:06 PM   #13
HulaPopr

Welcome to the club, dude.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-05, 11:35 PM   #14
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyas
That dont mean nothin KH. Im 14 and I have a 10lb 3oz on the wall and a pic of the 8 I caught on the wall. But welcome to the 10 club man! Im looking forward to the pics.
yeah but you have probbally been fishin more than me.ive caught 2 7 pounders.hey is there any hawgs in barnett??that honeyhole of your near jackson ms?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.