Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-09, 08:03 AM   #1
Tall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Smile Headed down doc and lowrider

I will just haft to fight the wind. Water has to be about right with the record highs.

I feel a big girl already looking, I just got to get her to take it. Later, Tall
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 08:56 AM   #2
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good luck bud. let us know what the water temp is, and how you do
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 10:14 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

get her tall, i'll be rooting fer ya pal. just hope i don't jinx ya with the wish fer luck.
Old 03-09-09, 11:12 PM   #4
Tall

Well I got a lesson on site fishing. I had a guy telling me what to look for but I could not see them. He said I needed a very good pair of sun glasses which I only had my reg. glasses. It was nice watching him. His biggest was 7 lbs. I had several pick up my Lizard but I could not get a hook in them. A couple wrapped me up but got off pretty fast so I don't know if they were hooked. Will use a bigger hook next time.

A lot of boats in and out of each cove. I was setting looking for a couple beds the other guy said was there when a man and a woman came fishing down where I had just looked for them. I did not say anything to them about the beds and he saw the fish right off. He was using a swim bait that it would have took a five pounded just to get it in his mouth. Needless to say he could not get the fish to bite. With all the boats they probably had sore jaws anyway.

I bet doc can get em. Gongrats on on your tourny this weekend doc. Lowrider said the fishing was tough.

As many people was there today I bet the parking area overflowed this weekend.

58.9 tempt.
Old 03-10-09, 09:06 AM   #5
doc

You dont have to have a 100$ pair of polarized glasses, the better quality would help but a 15$ pair from wally world will work. As far as the tourney lots of boats, Montlunkerhunter did pretty well, finished 3rd I think. I just couldn't catch the last 2 fish I needed, but Ill get em next time. It sucks the fish are allready on the beds, bad weather this week I hope pushes them off for a bit, till I can get over there. I love to sight fish monticello.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 02:06 PM   #6
aikenyounggun

glad you had fun.... hope you catch a big un next time
Old 03-10-09, 02:47 PM   #7
Tall

Doc the guy I was talking to said that I would get hooked if I started bed fishing, but I will need to position the boat better and or get my eyes checked again. I have type 2 and don't eat right and they are subject to change. The transitional lens are not very good/dark in them. I have a pair from sports Acad that wrap around, but was not planning on bed fishing and did not have them with me. I will try them next time or try on a pair that goes over my glasses but I don't know if they would be worth a hoot like that, plus I don't care for glasses to start with much less fell like I am wearing gogles with two pair on. I tried some flip downs last time down but I could see better and clearer with out them.

A buddy I work with I talked to last night likes the Casta Del Mar the best and Mau Jims second best. He fishes a lot of tournaments.

I may call my opti. and see what options I have with them.

This cold snap may back them down a little for a few days.

I have a tournament on Lake Dardanelle the 17th and I will figure something out to wear by then.
Old 03-10-09, 03:09 PM   #8
JB

Tall ya may want to check out cocoons sunglasses for fishermen click here
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 03:15 PM   #9
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i wear ray bans...have for a long time. glass lenses hold up alot better, i usually get tired of the style before anythigng ever breaks on them. just got a pair of polarized ban's last year, they work great and i love 'em, but costa del mar's are what i'm constantly drooling over now. only thing is, when i built my pair on the website they cost almost $300!. there are alot of lens options and of course i chose the best. i dunno, maybe one of these days.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 03:16 PM   #10
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Tall ya may want to check out cocoons sunglasses for fishermen click here
be like ike!!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 04:00 PM   #11
JB

I like the amber lens for low light or cloudy days, and the green or grey polarized for sunny ones
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 10:03 PM   #12
Tall

Thanks guys for the info. on the sunglasses.

Went by and tried several pair on for size. Optom. will order some in larger size to try for a good seal and fit to block out all the light as possible. Tried Cocoons, Maui Jims, Costa Rica and a few other brands. I have trouble getting glasses to fit. Maui Jims were impressive and stood out when they were all sprayed with water. He is a bass fishernman and likes gray in the Maui Jim due to the rain-x like coating they have when out in the weather and boat riding for the mist and spray.
Old 03-11-09, 08:15 AM   #13
mont_lunker_hunter

i got 4th Doc. Only had 4 fish, tried to "swing" in a 2.5 lbr like an idiot and it pulled off...i was sick.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.