Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-13, 03:55 AM   #1
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Multispecies day

Got out to enjoy the nice weather Thursday with my buddy Jon. We went to Coffey County Lake in search of pretty much anything that would bite and we weren't disappointed. There was hundreds of gulls diving in the warm water of the outlet and we started catching sturdy white bass and wipers as fast as we could get a bait in the water. Traps, cranks, swimbaits, and a flutter spoon all got pounded again and again. I had one nice, fat wiper on a Luck E Strike Smoothie crank.

Jon got busted off by a really big fish and then came back and caught his new PB wiper, 4.87 pounds on a Series 5. There's a link to him fighting and landing this fish at the bottom.

Of course like normal the whites and wipers worked towards the cables and eventually out of reach and we switched to bass. We caught lots of largemouth and one smallmouth with some pretty solid ones up to 3lbs on flukes, swimbaits, and spoons. The lake has some monster crappie thanks to a 12" length limit so we decided to try for them a little bit. I'd been getting hit on a Havoc Sick Fish and not hooking up, turns out they were crappie trying to eat that bait. We started tossing 3" power minnows and smacking big crappie and then I got surprised by this gal, our biggest of the day.

We managed to fill out both of our 5 fish limits of with 10 12.5-14.25 inch crappie which made the trip back home with us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=S2qOxtp927A
We ended up with 94 fish by the fish counter but I know I missed several clicks early in the morning when the whites and wipers where in a frenzy because I was in such a hurry to get my bait back in the water. I wouldn't be surprised if we caught over 100 fish but even if I remember to click the counter for every fish 94 fish isn't too bad for a days work

Last edited by bluebasser86; 01-19-13 at 04:02 AM.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 06:49 AM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice Fish! BTW while watching the vid I couldn't help but notice the boat deck. I've owned probably a dozen boats and fished out of scores more and find that most bass boats fall into 2 categories, Show boats or Working boats. Yours definately falls into the latter...........I like it.
Old 01-19-13, 08:02 AM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Looks like a hot water discharge ,and nice day out fishing
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 08:21 AM   #4
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Nice Fish! BTW while watching the vid I couldn't help but notice the boat deck. I've owned probably a dozen boats and fished out of scores more and find that most bass boats fall into 2 categories, Show boats or Working boats. Yours definately falls into the latter...........I like it.
You are certainly right about that. It's hard to believe I bought the boat brand new in '07. It's not that I treat it poorly, it just gets so much use that it looks like that over time. Plus we had tons of gear because you can literally go from 70+ degree water fishing topwater to high 30 degree water and dragging jigs or hopping jigging spoons on the same body of water so you have to be prepared to do a little bit of everything. Plus, I'm willing to fish for anything that is biting good so I've got rods and baits in the boat to fish for about anything. The warm water discharge really concentrates the baitfish and fish together so you never know what kind of fish you might come across.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 02:04 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Looks like a great day Blue! Some really nice crappie ya got there!
Old 01-20-13, 01:30 AM   #6
bamabassman

i am STILL shivering ......lol!!!
Old 01-20-13, 01:33 AM   #7
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

WTG Blue!
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-13, 10:33 AM   #8
keithdog

Thats awsome blue! I use that exact same crankbait a lot. Same color too! It's a good one for sure. Loved the video.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.