Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-09, 12:28 AM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Don't have all the facts yet

Rumor or truth? Just heard that Obama is going to limit ammunition, code it, and destroy all non coded ammunition, including hand loads. Also a new tax on every bullet. So far 18 states are proposing legislation, including PA. Tell me it isn't so. What freedom shell we sacrifice next?
Old 01-28-09, 01:37 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Rumor or truth? Just heard that Obama is going to limit ammunition, code it, and destroy all non coded ammunition, including hand loads. Also a new tax on every bullet. So far 18 states are proposing legislation, including PA. Tell me it isn't so. What freedom shell we sacrifice next?
i heard that he is going to put some kind of stamp on the brass and if you get caught with a bullet that doesn't have the stamp on it then it is going to be a very stiff penalty (i guess that would fall under coding wouldn't it). and i also heard that he is going to make people pay taxes on every firearm they own that is registered and the tax is supposed to cost an arm and a leg. like i said this is all hearsay and time will tell but if this is true then he is going to cause a helluva black market for guns.
Old 01-28-09, 02:46 AM   #3
WTL

I was going to say something sarcastic...but I've had enough.

**** obama.
Old 01-28-09, 08:42 AM   #4
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

I wouldn't expect anything less, WTL...

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 09:55 AM   #5
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Quote:
**** obama.
This is only the beginning.
I really was hoping "O" would be successful(even though I din't vote for him),but he has gotten off to such a bad start I'll not be too optimistic.

Watch yer backs..
Old 01-28-09, 11:49 AM   #6
Lilmoosecountry

I told yeahh. I told yeahh he's come'N for your Guns. this is only the start of it. Is it rumor because the same rumer with same details are all over the internet.
Old 01-28-09, 12:26 PM   #7
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

if it's on the internet, it must be true.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 01:33 PM   #8
doc

It has also been all over the net that bigfoot has been found
http://www.inquisitr.com/2357/has-bigfoot-been-found/

I tend to dismiss chatter as just hoopla untill I get some solid evidence, but in this case Ill make an exception. BIGFOOT IS REAL, and in a deep freezer in Georgia!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 01:42 PM   #9
jcw1503

Well, they dismissed the bigfoot, they found out it was a costume and a dead pig or some other animal placed in the suit....Man, i was thinking it was him!!!!! Anyways, there are a lot of rumors going on and there is no telling which is true and false....the only thing we can do is wait....And it really would not be bright at all to raise taxes on registered guns, because the majority of the guns that are used for illegal acts are purchased illegally....and stamping the bullets, i am sure that the people getting caught using the guns illegally will have a lot more against them than the bullets being stamp (the bullets thing would probably be nothing compared to the rest)....I don't understand the concept on it...anyways i don't know if its true or not, one day i will find out!!!!
Old 01-28-09, 01:44 PM   #10
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
Well, they dismissed the bigfoot, they found out it was a costume and a dead pig or some other animal placed in the suit....Man, i was thinking it was him!!!!! Anyways, there are a lot of rumors going on and there is no telling which is true and false....the only thing we can do is wait....And it really would not be bright at all to raise taxes on registered guns, because the majority of the guns that are used for illegal acts are purchased illegally....and stamping the bullets, i am sure that the people getting caught using the guns illegally will have a lot more against them than the bullets being stamp (the bullets thing would probably be nothing compared to the rest)....I don't understand the concept on it...anyways i don't know if its true or not, one day i will find out!!!!

Good post, waiting for facts before you jump the gun *applause!!
Old 01-28-09, 02:23 PM   #11
Lilmoosecountry

Well Obama has a track record of being Anti gun as a senator. Nothing surprizes me at all when it comes to his stance on guns.
Old 01-28-09, 02:35 PM   #12
jcw1503

It would not surprise me either, and i don't think that it will go over to well especially with the south and his VP, because during the campain, his VP was two seconds away from pretty much saying he would shoot Obama, 99% he was heading there, if he tried to take his gun...I saw and heard it with my own ears, so i am not making that up!!!!!
Old 01-28-09, 02:43 PM   #13
flbassman

They ain't takin my guns. And I'll open up an illegal reloading shop in my garage.
Old 01-28-09, 02:49 PM   #14
Lilmoosecountry

Here is the state of hawi's apending legislation. The Obama camp wants to adapt. http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4337 Follow the NRA news on all these events the media & others in this country are to busy worshiping obama like he was Jesus or somthing.
Old 01-28-09, 03:09 PM   #15
aikenyounggun

yeah the main thing is any magazine with over 9 or ten bullets is going to be considered "assault weapons" so they will be illegal except for the army. Also taxes will be raised sharply and everything "assauly" will be banned. This included extended magazines and supprecors and lots of other things. So yeah we are screwed. Also isnt it great SC has a tax free GUN Weekend....
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 03:12 PM   #16
doc

On Thursday, January 29, the Hawaii Public Safety Committee will hear legislation that could have dire consequences for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Hawaii.

House Bill 88, introduced by State Representative John Mizuno (D-30), would require all handgun ammunition manufactured or sold in Hawaii to be coded with a serialization number and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser’s name, date of birth, driver’s license number, and the serial number of the ammunition. The possession or sale of non-coded/serialized ammunition would be prohibited.

An identical measure died in committee last year, but this is a new legislature and we can't take anything for granted!

The consequences if this allready one time failed bill would only be the bullets could be traced back to the purchaser. I did not read in there where the Obama camp wanted to take it to a Federal Level thou. It's also just for handguns.

It would not bother me if they could trace fired bullets back to their owners because I dont do anything Illegal. I think it could also have poaching applications, but since its just for handguns in one state and probably will not pass, i see nothing to fear from that article.
Old 01-28-09, 03:20 PM   #17
jcw1503

the only thing i am wondering, if yout bullet gets stolen, you will have to file a police report!!!! It does not say that but i believe it would have to happen
Old 01-28-09, 03:27 PM   #18
lowrider

also, in this recession i doubt seriously that getting all ammunition makers to totally retool to put these numbers on everything will happen. unless the admin wants to make the already 800 billion stimulus package a little bigger and pay em to do it.

don't you see that we are facing bigger problems as a nation than fighting a losing battle to change the constitution and piss off half the country?

heck, here in arkansas they are about to vote to let us carry our concealed weapons (legal holders) in more places. in fact, churches are the main locations being mentioned. go, figure.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 03:27 PM   #19
WTL

I'll go ahead and say right now, if the government seeks to further regulate the ownership of arms, I will enact a personal policy of ignoring their policy. If they wish to make me a criminal while I exercise the rights I was given in the 2nd amendment, then I will rather be said to be a criminal.
Old 01-28-09, 03:28 PM   #20
cassidyta

I have to say that quoting the NRA on gun issues would be much like quoting the PETA site on animal issues. Worse case scenarios will always be pushed because it will inspire action and in many cases money to support the cause.
I do know that the fear of possibilites has caused gun and ammo sales to sky rocket in the past 3 months. While I am not a conspiracy theory type of guy, I wonder who made is making out best in that situation?
I am more upset that this will include a tax added for the purpose of implementing the suggestion then the suggestion itself. Admittedly, the tax is rather small, but it is still a way for them to increase taxes.
Old 01-28-09, 03:32 PM   #21
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
also, in this recession i doubt seriously that getting all ammunition makers to totally retool to put these numbers on everything will happen. unless the admin wants to make the already 800 billion stimulus package a little bigger and pay em to do it.

don't you see that we are facing bigger problems as a nation than fighting a losing battle to change the constitution and piss off half the country?

heck, here in arkansas they are about to vote to let us carry our concealed weapons (legal holders) in more places. in fact, churches are the main locations being mentioned. go, figure.
Now thats what I call gun control. Give all the Law abiding citizens the right to carry their guns everywhere. You will see less school, church, mall, or any public place shootings If the punks think someone will be shooting back.
Old 01-28-09, 03:36 PM   #22
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I'll go ahead and say right now, if the government seeks to further regulate the ownership of arms, I will enact a personal policy of ignoring their policy. If they wish to make me a criminal while I exercise the rights I was given in the 2nd amendment, then I will rather be said to be a criminal.
couldn't agree more. i also agree that this is all rumors until obama makes a move for more gun control. i am a card carrying member of the nra and agree with them on about everything. but no matter what i think will happen or what i hear, it is all a rumor until "the man" puts the wheels in motion. i hate the idea of setting back and waiting for him to make his move but i really don't see where we have a choice.
Old 01-28-09, 06:52 PM   #23
bamabassman

only from my COLD DEAD HANDS will they get my guns...........PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 08:02 PM   #24
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
only from my COLD DEAD HANDS will they get my guns...........PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
same here.....
Old 01-28-09, 08:41 PM   #25
carolina-rig-01

anyone watching lou dobbs on cnn? i generally dislike cnn because of them being strongly bias towards democrats. however lou dobbs is saying that americans have a right to worry about their second ammendment right. they mentionded both of the rumors that we are discussing in this post . they also had a lot of razzle dazzle facts to go with it but i was trying to listen to it over my wife talking, i did hear them say something about obama voting for a 500% tax increase on ammo.

Last edited by carolina-rig-01; 01-28-09 at 08:57 PM.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.