Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-12, 12:12 AM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default line-rite tags Good idea, but......

not cheap if you want tag every rod and every box.
Check it out.

http://www.line-rite.com/
Old 01-15-12, 12:17 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have been having Britney make labels for me out of the label maker at her work. And for the money I will probably continue to do so. I prefer to stick the labels to my reels to rather than my rods because from time to time I will switch rods with reels to better fit a certain technique and this way I always have the line type and lb. test labeled on the reel.
Old 01-15-12, 12:23 PM   #3
Tavery5

Great idea, but seem to be overpriced. People will find other options rather than use his product.
Old 01-15-12, 08:37 PM   #4
bassinbob

Good idea but to costly. I'd rather buy some new baits.
Old 01-16-12, 09:47 AM   #5
bassboogieman

Someone will buy them. I have 20 rods in my boat and I can tell you what line is on each one and what rod is for what purpose because I have my own system and I KISS.

I use my system to help identify which rod is which. My "problem" is I use the same brand and many of the same model so they all look alike for the most part. Anglers that use a mix of brands and models are ahead of the game IMO because the rods are for the most part different and identifiable.

First part of my system is I don't use a lot of different lines. I stick with 1 or 2 line test and material (usually copolymer or braid) within a catagory. Second part involves keeping my rods in color coded sleeves ("Stick Jacket") and most of my reels are all the same brand but different models that are of a different color.

I carry 6 spinning rods - all have 20# braid on the reels, 3 colors of rod sleeves for MH, M and my short dock skipping rods. I can further identify the spinning rods by sight from the reel size/color. The reels are Pflueger Supremes (silver) and Supreme XT (gold), in two sizes --30 & --35. I'll give the spinning code as an example and it is similiar for my 14 casting reels.

All are spooled with 20# braid - that's simple and consistant.
MH rods (2) are in purple sleeves, both rods are paired with size --35 reels with the 7' rod a gold Supreme XT and the 6'9" rod a silver Supreme.
M rods (2) are in yellow sleeves, both have size --30 reels with the 7' rod a gold Supreme XT and the 6'9" rod a silver Supreme.
My short rods (2) are in blue sleeves, both have Supreme (silver) reels, the MH a size --35 and the M a size --30.

By combination of sleeve and reel color/size I can determine each individual spinning rod at a glance in the rod locker, not having to find and read a label. It also works on my deck when the sleeves are removed, because of the reel size and color on the 4 Helium II rods, and the short rods being LTA's the rod blank color (not to mention length) and handles are different.

The same system works with my casting rods. Crankbait rods are in blue sleeves, worm rods - black, spinner bait - orange, jig & frog - red. I use reel color (or in one case, brand) to identify the rod length or action. Crankbait rods are either 10# or 12# copolymer and is determined by the lure the rod is basically intended to throw. Spinnerbait and worm rods are paired with either a Patriarch (silver) or Patriarch XT (blue) to identify rod length/power. Line size is consistant, spinnerbaits - 10# (M) or 12# (MH). Worm rods are all MH and have 15# line. Reel color (model) I keep consistant with length within a catagory.

Are you confused yet? For me, this system is so easy I can find any particular rod based on the combination of sleeve, and reel type/color/size in the locker.

My four crankbait rods are all Argons in 3 lengths and would look the same laying in the locker without my system. They are identifiable from my other rods by the CORK handle, but I also use a blue sleeve to make them stand out as crankbait rods. I then go to the reel to identify length. The (2) 6'9" M rods are paired with REVO winch reels spooled with 10# copolymer and are used for shallow and medium divers, both are interchangable for use. The 7'2" M that I use for traps is paired with a Patriarch (silver) reel (12#) and the 7'9" MH has an Argon (gold) wide spool (12#).

Sleeve color and reel model (color) identify the other rods in the locker in a similar easy pattern, as to size and intended use.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-16-12 at 10:01 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.