Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-11, 01:02 AM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Hey Keithdog...

In case you haven't seen it yet, the Cardinals signed Carlos Beltran for two years. This is a very good deal in my opinion. He he is a great defensive player and an even better hitter. Plus he has always killed the Cardinals throughout his career so it's nice knowing that we won't have to face him for two years. Isn't it nice seeing what you can get with money that we didn't spend on Pujols? I know you really would like to have seen Albert come back but man we are going to be much better off this way. We were able to resign Furcal which wasn't going to happen if we signed Pujols, and now we added Beltran. Spring can't get here soon enough, I am so excited to see how this plays out on the field.
Old 12-23-11, 06:54 AM   #2
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

As long as they get the Beltran that played 142 games last year and not the one who played in 64 and 81 games in 2010 and 2009 respectively, it should work out fine. The wear and tear of 14 ML seasons on him has me at least mildly concerned at this point, but I hope he puts up and All-Star year for SL.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 08:39 AM   #3
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
In case you haven't seen it yet, the Cardinals signed Carlos Beltran for two years. This is a very good deal in my opinion. He he is a great defensive player and an even better hitter. Plus he has always killed the Cardinals throughout his career so it's nice knowing that we won't have to face him for two years. Isn't it nice seeing what you can get with money that we didn't spend on Pujols? I know you really would like to have seen Albert come back but man we are going to be much better off this way. We were able to resign Furcal which wasn't going to happen if we signed Pujols, and now we added Beltran. Spring can't get here soon enough, I am so excited to see how this plays out on the field.
I think your 100% correct. I also think Watterboy is correct as well. I think we will have a better team this year than we had last year provided everyone stays healthy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Wainrights arm recovers in time for the season opener, but I think realistically from what I've read, we may not see much of him untill May. I'm always going to miss Albert, but that extra money will prove more helpfull than his bat. I can't wait till opening day already! Right now, I'm worried about loosing Molina after the 2012 season when he becomes a feee agent. We have to prevent THAT a LOT more than loosing Albert!
Old 12-23-11, 01:01 PM   #4
bamabassman

BASEBALL?!? com'on mannnnn...........

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 12-23-11, 02:14 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
As long as they get the Beltran that played 142 games last year and not the one who played in 64 and 81 games in 2010 and 2009 respectively, it should work out fine. The wear and tear of 14 ML seasons on him has me at least mildly concerned at this point, but I hope he puts up and All-Star year for SL.
I agree. The biggest thing to the Cardinals is at least getting him to stay healthy for the first month or so of the season. They really got him to fill the gap created by Allen Craig being out for the first month of the season after his knee surgery. Obviously they want to use Beltran more than just one month, but as long as they can get through the first month with Beltran then they should be able to give him days off to keep him healthy. If nothing else he will offer the Cardinals a lot of flexability in the lineup if Beltran splits time with John Jay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I think your 100% correct. I also think Watterboy is correct as well. I think we will have a better team this year than we had last year provided everyone stays healthy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Wainrights arm recovers in time for the season opener, but I think realistically from what I've read, we may not see much of him untill May. I'm always going to miss Albert, but that extra money will prove more helpfull than his bat. I can't wait till opening day already! Right now, I'm worried about loosing Molina after the 2012 season when he becomes a feee agent. We have to prevent THAT a LOT more than loosing Albert!
Losing Molina would be a disaster. That is the biggest reason I wanted Pujols to walk, they were going to dismantle the whole team to keep Pujols. I really don't see Molina going anywhere now because they should have the money to Pay him since Albert is bankrupting another team. Molina is my favorite player and the best catcher in baseball and I agree that we cannot afford to lose him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
BASEBALL?!? com'on mannnnn...........

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Yep, not everyone wants to sit and talk about Alabama football 365 days a year LOL.
Old 12-23-11, 03:15 PM   #6
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
I agree. The biggest thing to the Cardinals is at least getting him to stay healthy for the first month or so of the season. They really got him to fill the gap created by Allen Craig being out for the first month of the season after his knee surgery. Obviously they want to use Beltran more than just one month, but as long as they can get through the first month with Beltran then they should be able to give him days off to keep him healthy. If nothing else he will offer the Cardinals a lot of flexability in the lineup if Beltran splits time with John Jay.

Losing Molina would be a disaster. That is the biggest reason I wanted Pujols to walk, they were going to dismantle the whole team to keep Pujols. I really don't see Molina going anywhere now because they should have the money to Pay him since Albert is bankrupting another team. Molina is my favorite player and the best catcher in baseball and I agree that we cannot afford to lose him.

Yep, not everyone wants to sit and talk about Alabama football 365 days a year LOL.
hhhmmmm.... now there's an idea!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.