Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-09, 09:29 PM   #1
dietz31684
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Looking for some input (pb w/o a scale)

Here is a pic of a bass that i caught this year. I know that it is the biggest bass that i have caught, but I did not have a scale on me...imagine that. It measured 23 1/2"...was too excited and never thought to take a girth measurement. I have never caught a 5# bass before, but think this girl was close...man i wish i grabbed my digital scale. So i figured i would get the opinion of some experienced eyes... (camera never seems to do em' justice! i am 6' 230 just for reference)

sorry cell phone pic...only camera

dietz31684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 09:55 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It's hard to say, man. It's an awkward angle. Can't truly see the way the belly hangs. But...if it is really 23-1/2", even if it were moderately thin, it should still weigh 6 lbs. 7-1/2 lbs pre-spawn.
Old 09-08-09, 10:23 PM   #3
RandyHolt
BassFishin.Com Member

Did you see my recent 6 pounder? Maybe it can help give you some scale. If forced to guess I would say its a 5+. But of course that is a total guess. The angle is indeed deceptive and you cant see the belly girth very well, but he does look pretty fat from the side.

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...0&postcount=16
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-09, 08:55 PM   #4
RandyHolt
BassFishin.Com Member

Here is a three pounder to compare, which i would have sworn was closer to 4 or 4.5 based on the fight and seeing him out of water.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.