Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-09, 11:33 AM   #1
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Abu Garcia LH Baitcaster

Hey guys,

I'm one of the fortunate few who is left handed and don't have to worry about the dreadful hand switch when using baitcasters. Anyway, I found a great website about 3 months ago that is having really good sales on left handed Abu Garcia reels, specifically the Revo SX. If you would like the website shoot me a PM....
rodnreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 11:37 AM   #2
sac

I'm right handed and I can't reel right handed, so I'm with you lol
Ebay has some good deals on them. Tacklewarehouse is also good.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 11:39 AM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I find it very odd that a guy who is left handed would feel like he has to get a reel with left hand retrieve so he could be just as backwards as everyone else.

Ahhhh....the conformity!!!
Old 09-16-09, 11:43 AM   #4
sac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I find it very odd that a guy who is left handed would feel like he has to get a reel with left hand retrieve so he could be just as backwards as everyone else.

Ahhhh....the conformity!!!
I was thinking the same thing at first lol
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 11:46 AM   #5
rodnreel

How bout this for conformity...I write left handed, use scissors left handed, eat left handed, but I shoot basketball, throw baseball/football, and cast right handed. Basically, I'm completely back asswards! And for some reason I've always found that confusing. If you fish left/right handed, does that mean you reel or cast that way?
Old 09-16-09, 11:54 AM   #6
nofearengineer

Haha....that's too funny, rodnreel.

My Mom and older brother are both left handed. She writes right-handed, because when she was a kid, there was a really concerted effort by schools to make lefties do it that way. (Since the fountain pen was still in use, lefties would smear the ink before it dried as they wrote across the page. They either craned the hand in an awkward position or switched to righty.)

Two of my younger brothers could both throw and bat both ways. I seem to be the only person in my family with no use for my left arm other than counterbalance when I walk. God, my Karate teacher even once told me that I was the most right-LEGGED person he'd ever seen (kicks and such). The right half of my brain must be missing or something.
Old 09-16-09, 11:55 AM   #7
rodnreel

The reason I didn't post the website is because I read the big blowup about promoting yesterday....definitely didn't want to step on anyone's toes. And since I'm new to the forums I didn't want to start out on the wrong foot (see what I did there ). But since sac mentioned tackle warehouse I figured I'd just go ahead...Green Top Hunt and Fish. And, sac is right, Ebay and Tackle Warehouse are both great places as well.

I've also heard my mom and dad talk about that. The pen and pencil smears are really bad for me, and I still have that craned style. Even worse is my wife is a lefty, so our kids don't stand a chance!
Old 09-16-09, 08:10 PM   #8
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodnreel View Post
The reason I didn't post the website is because I read the big blowup about promoting yesterday....definitely didn't want to step on anyone's toes. And since I'm new to the forums I didn't want to start out on the wrong foot (see what I did there ). But since sac mentioned tackle warehouse I figured I'd just go ahead...Green Top Hunt and Fish. And, sac is right, Ebay and Tackle Warehouse are both great places as well.

I've also heard my mom and dad talk about that. The pen and pencil smears are really bad for me, and I still have that craned style. Even worse is my wife is a lefty, so our kids don't stand a chance!
If you own the site you're mentioning, it could be considered a free plug. If not, it's a tip!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.