Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-13, 09:10 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Getting ready.

So how is the brotherhood of bassers tonight? Here, it is very chilly and rainy. I'm getting ready to head out Saturday morning for the first time this year, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It was nice and warn the first half of the week, but it's been raining non stop since last night and is still raining now. Drove by the lake and the water is high. The temps have dropped substantially from a high yesterday in the 70's to a high around 50 today. Tomorrow night they are talking snow flurries! Then Saturday, when I plan to hit the water, it is supposed to only be in the lower 30's. I'm not quite sure I want to deal with that! I'm not as cold hardy as I used to be.
But I am getting ready regardless. Plus I just might have my new trolling motor by tomorrow night and I am dying to try it out. If it gets to be just plain miserable, I'll just head in. But, sometimes on days like that, when other fisherman stay home and you have the lake to yourself, you can get into some pretty good fish. How many times have I heard it said, the weather was lousy but the fishing was great!
I'm going to have six rigs ready to go. The 6 baits I'm starting out with are a lipless crank, shallow suspending jerk bait, deep diving suspending jerk bait, chatter bait, shallow square bill crank bait, and a jig with a craw trailer. That's the plan for now anyways.
And of course I will drag along my camera. Maybe take a self portrait of myself with ice crystals clinging to my facial hair. I'm only a week away from a weeks vacation when I plan to hit it for real. But I really want to give it a go before then. You all have a great Friday tomorrow and I'll let you know how things turn out.

Last edited by keithdog; 04-11-13 at 10:19 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.