Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-09, 03:28 AM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Big news!!!!!

guys, all the family has been told so now i can share the big news. britney just let me know this morning that I AM GOING TO BE A DADDY!!! that's right, ole c-rig has a future fishing buddy on the way. we have been trying for several months now, hoping we could tell everyone at christmas time but my boys were a little bit late. but best i can figure right now it should put the due date after the upcoming tournament season so that is a thing................however britney may be a little bit large come the ky lake get together hahahahahahaha.
Old 02-01-09, 03:31 AM   #2
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

congratulations man!! kids are great and will change your life for the better. as for the fishing buddy man its great to get the kids out to fish with you but watch out for the little kids poles even though they are plastic they do not float. i know from experience. good luck and enjoy.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 04:38 AM   #3
weezymagic

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic

Congratualtions C-Rig. im really happy for ya.
weezymagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 09:01 AM   #4
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

"watch out for the little kids poles" --- yea they love to play cast and release --- C-rig all you got to do is convince Britney that pregnet women are sexy, she'll forget all about being large

CONGRATULATIONS, you are the man!!

One more thing Korey--you better start selling the HELL out of those jigs.
Old 02-01-09, 09:05 AM   #5
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Congratulations!!!!
Old 02-01-09, 09:53 AM   #6
MIbasser

Congrats C-Rig! Looks like somebody found a way to stay warm in the winter....
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 10:01 AM   #7
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
guys, all the family has been told so now i can share the big news. britney just let me know this morning that I AM GOING TO BE A DADDY!!! that's right, ole c-rig has a future fishing buddy on the way.
see dats what happens when ya run around with a loaded gun..ya trip and fell didn't ya??

hope the lil fella gets his looks from his momma-cause son your but ugly..

zooker
Old 02-01-09, 10:24 AM   #8
CMorg

haha , lol zook. Congrats C-Rig. 10-4 bcklash , he better start selling those jigs.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 10:58 AM   #9
barkelypup

Congrats C Rig. Man your life is getting ready to change like you'll never imagine. One thing I will advise is for you to get some sleep now. I've got a 3 year girl born Christmas Day of 05 and a Boy who will turn 1 on next Saturday Feb the 7th and neither one of them are very fond of sleeping at night. But the Funny and Heart warming things they do and say are awesome. Ohh by the way the change you will get will be for the better. I guess the best thing to say is Welcome to Man hood.

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 11:02 AM   #10
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Better stock up on fishing rods for him/her. Make sure to have them well broke in by the time he/she is old enough to fish.

Good luck, C-Rig!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 11:06 AM   #11
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Congrats. Your life will be changing for sure. Forget about all the free fishing time you have now. Nearly all your spare time will be booked solid with different activities as he/she grows up. Believe me I know. Our son is now 21 and finally moved out for now. It's like a vacation for the both of us. We forgot what life was like pre-kids.
Old 02-01-09, 11:30 AM   #12
ky southern

congrats c -rig,best times of your life are just around the corner.things will change no matter how hard you fight it,but my son is my best fishin buddie now,he is 9 and him and my daughter are the best medicine you can ever have.not to get all mushy but enjoy your wife being pregnant,in a few months life as you know it now will never be the same.prayers up for you and your wife .
Old 02-01-09, 11:34 AM   #13
bamabassman

well,well,well kory. i am SO PROUD for ya'll!!!! that is FANTASTIC NEWS MAN! now if its a boy ya gotta name him after me! roflmao!! GIRL AFTER LISA,LMAO! SERIOUSLY....congratulations to you and britney. and you tell britney that pregant ladies ARE sexy. told lisa and she said that not to worry, they will go "shopping" for stuff at the get together if britney wants to. and we here will most likely help ya out on them jigs you're gonna need to sell. i know i will. so you had BETTER take EXTRA care of her now bub. if ya don't everyone here is gonna pound on ya! can't wait to see ya'll. and yes i AM gonna give britney a hug and a big ol kiss on da cheek.

and britney... if kory don't get up at 3am to get you that pickle and ice cream, tell me, i'll chew his arse out hun.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 11:45 AM   #14
carolina-rig-01

thanks for all the kind words guys. we are really excited, and a little anxious but we'll figure this pregnancy deal out as we go.
Old 02-01-09, 11:59 AM   #15
ky southern

kory,here is something else to make you feel good,it is just your lucky weekend.i bought 3 flippin jigs at a local tackle show a couple weels ago,and 2 guys i work with bought a few from the louisville boat show from different makers and we all brought em to work to compare em,and i brought along a couple of my thunderstruck jigs just to compare,and your jigs won favorite in every category,skirt,rattle,paint job and just overall quality.so be looking for another order from your site from me.
Old 02-01-09, 12:00 PM   #16
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
thanks for all the kind words guys. we are really excited, and a little anxious but we'll figure this pregnancy deal out as we go.
Speaking from experience. The pregnancy part is the easy part for us guys. My wife never wanted pickles or ice cream in the middle of the night. Just Chinese Pork Fried rice. I eventually found an all night Chinese take out here and made my weekly runs till I figured out that you can keep extras in the ref.

Most fun was turning one of the guest rooms into the babies room. Everyone in the family helped and Mikey had the best of everything in there.

One word of advice. Start stocking up on Newborn and infant size diapers when they're on sale. You'll be amazed at how many they can go through in a days time.
Old 02-01-09, 12:35 PM   #17
barkelypup

One word of advice. Start stocking up on Newborn and infant size diapers when they're on sale. You'll be amazed at how many they can go through in a days time. [/quote]

That is great advice. My boy goes through about 10 a day. Adds up real quick. Just a couple more tips on money savings. Buy clothes from yard sales. Those baby outfits cost more than the good Wall Mart stuff that I wear. I am not trying to be inappropriate here in anyway but if your wife can feed the baby naturally not only can you save a lot of money but it is better for the baby health wise. My sister had to buy formula for my nephew and that stuff runs into money quick. If you think the bait monkey is hard on the bank account wait untill you have to buy that 2nd or 3rd can of formula in a week. Ohh and never ever never ever never let the kid in the bed with you. My daughter had a stomach bug when she was 1 and was throwing up at about everything she ate. My wife was afraid that she would choke on it in her bed and she let her sleep with us. (well I was very concerned also) and now every night she wants to get in our bed. Some nights are better than others but Mommy and Daddy are much warmer than her stuffed rabbits. Ohh and don't feel bad about waking up in the night and going to check on the little curtain climber sleeping. I still do that. I guess it's programmed in me. Hey if you have any questions or concerns shoot em out. I'm sure the Moms and Dads on here will be more than happy to offer up info. Heck I could go on and on.

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 01:17 PM   #18
CMorg

It was big macs for my wife , even in the morning when they were serving breakfast....
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 02:21 PM   #19
JB

congrates!
better start building a crib mobile with your jigs so the young un can look up and see what daddy O built!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 03:12 PM   #20
carolina-rig-01

ky southern, glad the jigs faired so well and thanks for the kind words.

guys i really appreciate all of the kind words, advice, and confidence. oh an jb that thought has already crossed my mind, just working out the details now.
Old 02-01-09, 03:20 PM   #21
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

C-rig, congratulations man!

lol JB, that'd be funny.

BB
Old 02-01-09, 03:26 PM   #22
ky southern

kory,one word of advice and it is kinda a hard one to give.im sure you are mature and smart enough to know that the early stage is kinda dangerous for baby,i would highly reccomend that the buying stuff is not to high on list till after the first quarter part(not right word but you get my drift),if god forbid something goes wrong it makes it pretty tough on mommie looking at all the baby stuff.dont ask me how i know this just take my word for it.
Old 02-01-09, 03:26 PM   #23
Fishing Fanatic

Congrats to you and Britney! Your life will change forever. Good advice on buying the diapers. Good Luck!
Fishing Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 04:55 PM   #24
aikenyounggun

looks like i might have to buy some jigs so another kid like me can enjoy fishing with their dad like me. Congrats.
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 05:00 PM   #25
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
congrates!
better start building a crib mobile with your jigs so the young un can look up and see what daddy O built!
cranks would work better -remove the hooks first..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.