Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-09, 03:41 AM   #1
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Knee problems

Well, I almost feel like a schmuck after what zooker and rebbasser are going through, but I was told today at the hospital that I have a torn maniscus or mcl in my right knee and surgery is in order most likely. Going in for the mri this week. Anyone else had a similar issue or advice?
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 08:07 AM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yes, take care of your knees. I've had 1 operation and drained but after all those years of baseball, then softball, and 30+ years of bowling my knees are shot. I'm in my early 50's and struggle everyday going up steps, but going down steps is worse.

do what the doc says and take of them joints.
Old 06-09-09, 01:42 PM   #3
OrygunBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If you have to have the surgery, it's a cakewalk now days! I have had four of them for the same thing and you will be back on your feet in no time!

Problem is that after you have one, the edge will deteariorate over time and you will have to have it cleaned up again eventually!

If it is not a big tear and not catching and popping, you may be able to just have physical therapy and get over the pain! Doctors are very surgery happy now days.

Try 800 MG of Ibuprofin three times a day and see if it helps! That's four regular over the counter Ibuprofins at once! Not good if you have a sensative stomach though!

If they want you to have SYNVISK injections run like a mad mad!!! Very painfull and don't work!
Old 06-09-09, 04:07 PM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've got Fudged up knees too, but not that bad! Knee pain sucks that's for sure, all I can say is stay off them as much as you can after the surgery! Good luck with the surgery though!
Old 06-09-09, 04:30 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I fell down the steps about 4 years ago and landed on my right knee. About two years ago, I finally went to the doctor cause the pain was getting bad. Then after a couple months of physical therapy, it doesn't hurt any more. but I was told that my knee will probably always make this popping sound when I unbend it. It still does occasionally, but no pain anymore.

Hope they fix it for ya and you get better. It's hard to wade for Steelies with bad knees (that is, if you wade for them)

BB
Old 06-09-09, 07:32 PM   #6
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Good luck, Bassin. Unfortunately, my knees have never been operated on lol. They're both shot.
One thing that's not good to hear a Dr say, when looking at your knee. "I'd like to get a picture of that"
Old 06-09-09, 11:13 PM   #7
bamabassman

sorry pal. zooker can tell you aobut it as well as rebbasser. me....well ol arthur is in mine i think. lots of popping and pain. ain't gonna go to the doctor till i can't stand it, i know, i am stupid. but i have had all kinds of joint pain for a few years now and can't really afford the surgeries i MIGHT have to have right now. take care of it pal and let us know how you are doing ok?
Old 06-10-09, 05:51 AM   #8
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Yep, i wade for steelies bb. Thanks all, I will take care of it, I know how hard it is to tournament fish with a bad knee, let alone hunt for elk and mule deer.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 10:11 AM   #9
zooker

torn mcl's suck..what they do is blow your knee up like a beach ball..go in and grind the tear down...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.