Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-09, 10:25 AM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 3 more moccasins

I saw 3 more moccasins behind my fence the other day. I shot 2 of them with my Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle. They slithered off to die before I could get any pictures. The 3rd one slithered off and I didn't even know it was there until the first one jumped after shooting it. The good thing is they are still outside our fence and not INSIDE!!!!
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 10:40 AM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You're the one who lives in Alabama, so I'll assume you're knowledgable about swampy things. But to anyone reading this, please be sure you can tell the difference between a water moccasin and a common water snake. In some places, the two species look remarkably similar, especially to the uneducated. I'm not advocating you kill water moccasins either, but definitely don't kill the harmless ones.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 11:38 AM   #3
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yup, I know the difference. I only kill the moccasins. I let the water snakes and king snakes live. I even try to catch them if they are not too close to the swamp behind the house. Check out my photo album and you will see some of the snakes that I run across.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.