Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-09, 09:54 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Sure is quite around here huh?

I hope everyone had a safe trip and is having a great time on Kentucky lake.....bout time for someone to thow up a webcast video or pictures or sumthin......lol
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 10:41 PM   #2
CMorg

I wonder if theyve had as much rain as we have ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 10:46 PM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I hear ya man. I know they have wi-fi. I wanna see some fish other than the hard tails out here in the Gulf of Mexico/
Old 05-15-09, 10:48 PM   #4
barkelypup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

C Morg I am in Central KY and our state is soaked from east to west. I know the west hasn't had as much but I went to Barren River Lake about an hour from Bowling Green last week and the lake was 11' over summer pool and rising. We came through a Tornado warning on the way home and I wouldn't doubt it. It rained harder than I've ever seen it rain before. My parents live in Eastern KY and on Friday of last week they had 8 inches of rain. Said it was like standing under a water fall. I was up there today and some communities where completly gone. Mobile homes sitting stacked up against each other and some where no where to be found. I had never seen anything like it. Trash scattered for miles. Lawn Mowers, Cars 4 wheelers, propane tanks and most worldly possesions that folks up there had where scattered all along Cane Creek. Remarkably no one lost thier life. It beat all I had ever seen. Most lakes around this part of the state and East are several feet above summer pool. I hope this answers your question. We have had more than our fair share of rain but I'm affraid we will be praying for it once again this summer.

Sorry I didn't mean to Hijack the thread but I thought I would share that.

bP

Last edited by barkelypup; 05-15-09 at 10:53 PM.
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 10:56 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lol! I know what ya mean!

Hope you guys have a blast at the lake!

berkly: I wish we could get some rain, the ponds and lakes are so low, and dropping rapidly! The canals are all dry for the most part!
Old 05-17-09, 08:26 PM   #6
bamabassman

some of us are back. and there are stories and pics from the trip. i ain't smart enough to downliad (please don't try to tell me either,lol. VERY confusing.) but watch out gang. it was another BLAST!
Old 05-17-09, 11:01 PM   #7
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkelypup View Post
C Morg I am in Central KY and our state is soaked from east to west. I know the west hasn't had as much but I went to Barren River Lake about an hour from Bowling Green last week and the lake was 11' over summer pool and rising. We came through a Tornado warning on the way home and I wouldn't doubt it. It rained harder than I've ever seen it rain before. My parents live in Eastern KY and on Friday of last week they had 8 inches of rain. Said it was like standing under a water fall. I was up there today and some communities where completly gone. Mobile homes sitting stacked up against each other and some where no where to be found. I had never seen anything like it. Trash scattered for miles. Lawn Mowers, Cars 4 wheelers, propane tanks and most worldly possesions that folks up there had where scattered all along Cane Creek. Remarkably no one lost thier life. It beat all I had ever seen. Most lakes around this part of the state and East are several feet above summer pool. I hope this answers your question. We have had more than our fair share of rain but I'm affraid we will be praying for it once again this summer.

Sorry I didn't mean to Hijack the thread but I thought I would share that.

bP
We had 5" of rain that day here. Actually it may have been more , the rain gauge maxes out at 5" and it was overflowing.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 11:16 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

it was a blast and we were blessed with great weather for the most part. a couple times it sprinkled on us really light but that was the extent of it. we were very fortunate that it was that good, especially the way the radar was looking wednesday night.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.