Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-10, 04:42 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Stupid Neighbors

More rants, I guess.

Well, it's a shame it has to be this way, but I am going to have to install a video surveillance system for my house. Some moron (I am fairly sure it was one of my neighbor's scumbag friends who always park in front of my house) destroyed my mailbox yesterday. They tore the mailbox door off as they pulled in to park. I can even see the footprints in the snow where I believe they got out to see what damage they had caused to their car. I took good photos of the tire prints, so I will definitely be snooping the next time someone is over. Cinderella is going to be very sorry if I match the right foot to the shoe.

However, for future purposes, I just going to put together a little video camera system and use one of my old PC's as a DVR. The next time this happens, someone is going to court.

By the way, these are the same trash that constantly leak oil out of their cars in front of my beautiful yard because they were too cheap to buy a lot with any frontage. They own five cars and have a single car garage. Nothing says "lowered property values" like having a crappy neighbor.
Old 01-11-10, 04:59 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like the old cement in the mailbox trick time. I feel for you Nofear. I once had a wonderful old lady live next door to me. She passed and left the place to her nephews. Now they rent it out to any old trash that comes along. Thank goodness the guy with 4 dogs moved out.
Old 01-11-10, 05:38 PM   #3
Bender

When I was young we lived at the end of a dead end street and the high school kids knocked our mailbox down a couple of times. My dad worked on oil wells part time and got some 4" or so Schedule 80 pipe and made a new pole. With it burried about 4' into the ground and the hole and pipe filled with concrete that thing never moved again. Just an idea.

That was ~30 years ago, now they can and would probably sue you for totaling their car if they hit it.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 06:00 PM   #4
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

That sucks, nofear. I really don't have any advice that wouldn't involve you going to court at a later date....
Old 01-11-10, 06:17 PM   #5
nofearengineer

Well, the thing is, I'm a single guy, who works all day and leaves the homestead unattended. I can assure you there is someone there all day, with ample time to vandalize my property if I piss them off too much.

At least the video camera will catch them in any act of retribution.
Old 01-11-10, 06:43 PM   #6
cassidyta

The only thing that I would suggest is to have the police come out and fill out a report. They will never catch anyone nor will they really investigate much, but if your neighbors see the cops it may help.
Old 01-11-10, 06:51 PM   #7
nofearengineer

My brother is a police officer here. He can not get involved personally, but he is willing to send a buddy over if I really need it.
Old 01-11-10, 07:12 PM   #8
Captmikestarrett

With the cold weather I cite spontanius mailbox implossion syndrom..

Yep pretty sure that is what happened.

Capt Mike
Old 01-11-10, 07:23 PM   #9
TN_Bassin

We don't have to worry about that much around where I live. If anything happens usually the person will own up to it. I guess that's just another perk of living in a small community.
Old 01-11-10, 08:38 PM   #10
bamabassman

I say you fill up the pvc pipe with concrete and rebar rods in it. i knew a fella a long time ago who was a welder. he took a piece of steel pipe and and stiff spring, concreted the spring in the ground, welded the pipe to it, also made a box outta 3/8 steel. the next time the guys that would constantly run over the old style mailbox (and ALWAYS during winter months at night) came by his house. he was watching,hehehe. he said it was the funniest thing he ever saw. they had one of those littel datsun trucks ok? it "tried" to runover it, but rolled over the piped box and the spring LIFTED the entire truck off the ground rendering it STUCK. the man called the cops, and the rest is history. last i saw the box was still there. i don't think there is a law as to what "kind" of box it is, just as long as it is put in the proper place and at proper height.
Old 01-11-10, 08:57 PM   #11
nofearengineer

I think that's hilarious, Bama.

Unfortunately, it qualifies as a booby-trap. Unfortunately, the legal system has gotten to the point that if somebody got hurt, even while they were up to no good whatsoever, they could take me to court, and probably win. Frigging lawyers.
Old 01-12-10, 06:53 PM   #12
TN_Bassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I think that's hilarious, Bama.

Unfortunately, it qualifies as a booby-trap. Unfortunately, the legal system has gotten to the point that if somebody got hurt, even while they were up to no good whatsoever, they could take me to court, and probably win. Frigging lawyers.

On that note, anyone hear about the guy who was robbing this old lady, fell off of a step and broke his leg, and sued the woman for it and won. Our legal system isn't a bad one but it does go both ways
Old 01-12-10, 08:48 PM   #13
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Bassin View Post
On that note, anyone hear about the guy who was robbing this old lady, fell off of a step and broke his leg, and sued the woman for it and won. Our legal system isn't a bad one but it does go both ways

Actually, I think that IS the definition of a bad legal system.
Old 01-12-10, 09:04 PM   #14
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmikestarrett View Post
With the cold weather I cite spontanius mailbox implossion syndrom..

Yep pretty sure that is what happened.

Capt Mike

Yeah , I totally agree. Then if anyone says anything just say " huh , same thing happend to my mailbox a few nites ago. I wonder whats going on..." I had a driver run my mailbox over and kept going. I jumped in my truck and caught her 2 miles down the road. She didnt have a drivers license or insurance. I dont know what ever came of that , but she paid for my post and mailbox.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 04:33 PM   #15
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I know how you feel.You can't take care of nothing because somebody is gonna ruin your hard work...Big Rotwieler playing in the yard helped me and the dog was a baby but no punks came near the house when my dog was on his 50' leash.hahah
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.