Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-13, 10:08 PM   #1
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fantasy Fishing 2013

Fantasy Fishing for the Elite Series opens up tomorrow. I'm going to create a bf.com group. Last year we did $10 a person and the winner (nmanley) at the end of the season got a TW gift card. I would love to do the same this year, it adds a little fun to the game. If no one wants to do money, that's cool too, we will just play for funsies. It's super simple and easy, anyone can do it.

If you want to play, send me a pm or reply in this thread and I will send you the password and link to the group. Also, let me know if you want to play for money or for fun.

http://www.bassmasterfantasy.com/
Old 01-31-13, 10:21 PM   #2
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

JROB, In the past I haven't followed Elite Fishing Series too much. With that said, I know what its like to be one person out from having a good league. Should that happen to you, send me a PM and I will join...I may enjoy the time/effort in researching this sport a little more.
Old 01-31-13, 10:40 PM   #3
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_CPA View Post
JROB, In the past I haven't followed Elite Fishing Series too much. With that said, I know what its like to be one person out from having a good league. Should that happen to you, send me a PM and I will join...I may enjoy the time/effort in researching this sport a little more.
Thanks John, I appreciate that! Fantasy Fishing isn't like Fantasy Football in that you play against the whole group at every event. We can all choose from the whole field every week.

Basically, there are 5 groups of anglers. The first group is the top 15 in the Elite Series, everyone picks one angler from that group, we can all pick the same guy. The 2nd group is the next best 25 anglers, everyone playing picks 1 guy from that group.... and so on. (Those numbers are just an example, I don't really know how many anglers are in each pool.) When the tournament starts, everyone has 5 guys that make up their team for the event. Sometimes (rarely) 2 people will have the exact same line up, it doesn't effect anything.

Anyway, maybe that made some sense. I encourage you to play, it will make you follow the Elite Series much more closely. It's fun to try to pick your line up based on tournament history, fishing style, momentum and just by who's due for a good tournament. The other cool thing is Elite tourneys last 4 days, your score can, and usually does, fluctuate widely over the course of one tournament.
Old 01-31-13, 11:24 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'll play again.
Old 02-01-13, 10:53 AM   #5
Jrob78

We'll just play for bragging rights this year. No entry fee. I will set up the group later today. Let me know if you want to play and I'll send you the log in info.
Old 02-05-13, 03:55 PM   #6
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Just funsies? Sigh.....
I'm still in!
Old 02-11-13, 08:01 PM   #7
Jrob78

Just a reminder, if you want to play Fantasy Fishing, there's still time to sign up. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you an invitation with a link to the group and the password. It's free to play and a lot of fun if you follow the Elite Series.
Old 02-11-13, 09:35 PM   #8
kennethdaysale

Picked my guys last week.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.