Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-09, 07:22 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default breaking news gang.

ok, now most of ya'll know that we live on a bluff overlooking the tenn river and lake guntersville. and some of you also know that we have been trying to sell the house cause of the economy. and the fact that lisa recently had a kidney transplant. also her parents are getting too old to maintain their 40 acres along with the 3 horses we all own together.
well, lisa and i were in the process of refinancing our house to consolidate the bills and do a little remideling on the house to stay here. all the papers were mailed in and so forth and plans were made to help with here parents. everything was going to be okay. we are also trying to sell our small travel trailer and pontoon boat to help out with the money problems and we wanted to buy a larger travel trailer for our camping trips.
we were about to take down our sign and i brought home the pontoon boat to re-rig it up and put it in the water this weekend. earlier i had a fella come by and look at our house. i thought , oh boy andother tire kicker, nothing else.
well after i got home with the pontoon and took a nap with my favorite napping partners (lisa and the KING, aka;dog), the phone rang. the fella that came by 3 days earlier was returning with a friend to look at the house again and make us an offer. i thought ok, another stupid offer from someone that wants to take advantage of someone cause they think we are in trouble money wise. (which we aren't) so come on fella and i'll laugh you out of my house like the others.
no........... not this guy. he and his friend looked over the house and asked questions and all that. then we all sat down and he said he wanted to make us an offer. we said ok. lets hear it. he made a respectable offer. but not enough. and i quickly said no. REAL QUICKLY. he said ok, how much is your bottom doller? i told him, he responded quickly.... DONE. so we have now sold our little bluff home. going to go and live about 30 mins farther from my favorite body of water. sad as it is. but it ain't gonna be too sad. now when we move, i will be 15 mins away from lake weiss, and only 30 mins from guntersville.
AND we will be DEBT free. that was the goal for all this to take place. no more bills of any kind at all. which is saying alot considering the way things are goin around here.
and to top off that, i get anoterh phone call. a fella wants to look at our pontoon boat. we told them how to get to our place, they come over. look at the pontoon, THEN the camper,lol. the hubby loves the pontoon, the wife loves the camper. talk about the stars lineing up in the right dirctions and the moon coming into a joint venture!
they didn't make a commitment but................. i think they will buy one or both ,lmao. so woody my friend. clean up your camper pal. cause we just might be heading up there to look at it real soon. and no, we don't want another pontoon right now. the cajun is just fine for us for awhile. but the camper we are really interested in woody. just like i told you at kentucky. so just wait pal, we jsut might get it from ya if you still think you might sell it.
oh yea, when we move we are most likely gonna get us a double wide trailer for a while. pay it off and no financing. till the economy comes back anyway. heck we might find us a place on the water we like, who knows huh?
Old 05-22-09, 07:28 PM   #2
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Glad to hear the dam of good fortunes is busting wide open for you Bama and Mrs. Lisa. And if I could upload pics from my work computer, I would put Mel Gibson hollering freedom from Braveheart. I am glad for you bro.
Old 05-22-09, 07:33 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Bama, that's great to hear! farther from one lake, closer to another, it's all good.

BB
Old 05-22-09, 07:35 PM   #4
Jim80

Bama I'm glad things are working out the way ya wanted them .

Jim
Old 05-22-09, 08:34 PM   #5
MississippiBoy

That's some great news, John. I know you had just about given up on selling that house, but I guess you never know what might happen. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, either. Way to go!
Old 05-22-09, 08:41 PM   #6
JB

cool bama, meeting kevin and the forum gang brought ya good luck
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 09:33 PM   #7
bcklash

That'a good news John. You and Lisa deserve this, all of this. Good things happen to good people and you and Lisa are good people.
Old 05-22-09, 09:37 PM   #8
1/4 stick

That's great news bama! I'm glad things are looking up for you.
Old 05-22-09, 10:05 PM   #9
aikenyounggun

great job doin it debt free... thats a rarity in our society.... my parents have been teachin me that ever since their Dave Ramsey class

glad its workin out....
Old 05-22-09, 11:09 PM   #10
flfireman

From what Ive been reading, It couldn't happen to a nicer couple. Glad everything is working out.
Old 05-22-09, 11:11 PM   #11
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

congrats bama. let me know when yall move i i'll try to come help. its gonna cost you though. i have heard about these meals lisa cooks and that will be payment enough. haha just kiddin bout the food but for real let me know if you need a hand in a pm or give me a call.

later
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 02:04 AM   #12
carolina-rig-01

that is great news john. it really sounds like the stars did line up for you guys and that is awesome, who knows maybe you guys should start looking for a place here in missouri (we could do a lot of fishing then hahaha).
Old 05-23-09, 07:34 AM   #13
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Gre8t

That's great Bama, that's nice when things line up. The worst part is your gonna be 30 min. from Gunterville...poor baby...J/k. Tell your wifey hello and that I'm happy for you two. Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 08:32 AM   #14
Bassboss

Great new bama! Looking like things are really going up!

At least you'll be close to an other lake to fish other than Gvile!

There's a lot of people that would like to be in your condition!
Old 05-23-09, 10:06 AM   #15
bamabassman

thanks gang. now i have fished weiss before. it ain't guntersville,lol. but i will learn it as well. weiss is very shallow in most places. sand bars EVERYWHERE. one can really put the BOAT onkey to play in that lake if you aren't careful. it is known for the crappie mainly. so i will be making the trek to guntersville more than weiss. i really love this place we have on the bluff. but family does come first. and we will be debt free, so now i can REALLY feed the dang ol monkey. we went this morning.....yes zooker, i got up at around 4 am,lol. they are pulling water like crazy and the wind is blowing around 20 mph. this is NOT good. caught a couple of dinks. lisa lost one on a watermelon seed lizard that probably would've gone over 5 pounds. line broke. gonna put some braid on her spinning rods and solve that problem.....TODAY in fact. i told her when she got one over 5 we would mount it for her. she wants it, not me. the ones i caught were real skinny too. they are hungry after spawning. but they have to stop pulling and the wind needs to die down. but we'll hit it again tomorrow. we are on our way to look at double wides now. later gang. and thanks again for the luck.
Old 05-23-09, 10:29 AM   #16
Jim80

being debt free will let ya get that revo you've been eying bama the monkey will be pleased .

Jim
Old 05-23-09, 02:37 PM   #17
66KingFisher

Bama, it sounds like some of those nice little things you and Lisa do for others, is comin around back to you in a way you needed most....ain't got nuthin to do with stars or planets ol'buddy.....Has to do with Karma and what goes around comes around.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 06:43 PM   #18
nofearengineer

Great news, Bama! I have lots of friends and relatives trying to sell homes right now, and they're not having a lot of luck. So you pretty much just hit the jackpot in this economic time! Couldn't happen to a nice couple of folks, either.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.