Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-10, 07:27 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default It's Almost Game Time!!!

Bama nervously paces back and forth across the living room muttering to himself. Mrs. Bama shouts to him to sit down or else he'll put a hole in the new carpet. Bama continues to mumble McCoy stats and the Tide pass defense line up from the BCS media guide. "How are they going to stop that passing attack?" he asks aloud. He looks down at his watch, again, and mumbles some more. Dinners on the table and it's getting cold. Once again the Mrs. calls him to the table and stop pacing. He grumbles some more..........(more to come!!!).
Old 01-06-10, 08:09 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, IT IS ABOUT TIME! Now where is ol carolina-rig? HMMMM? I ain't skeered one bit. Got my lasso ready, B-B-Q is fired up and ready for some LONGHORN STEAKS, RIBS BRISKET,ROAST, ETC.................

ROLLLLLLLLTIDE ROLL! RAMMER JAMMER, YELLOW HAMMER, GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA!!!!
Old 01-07-10, 03:00 AM   #3
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, IT IS ABOUT TIME! Now where is ol carolina-rig?
I am right here Bama, I am right here. Trying to get out of having to work tomorrow to watch the game, not sure if it will work or not so if you try to get ahold of me and I don't answer that is why. Otherwise I look foward to hearing from you.
Old 01-07-10, 03:02 AM   #4
TN_Bassin

Alabama is just going to slaughter Texas. I kind of feel bad for the Longhorns.
Old 01-07-10, 03:26 PM   #5
bamabassman

Got home early cause of snow c-rig. Be here GLUED to the tv all day long. ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Old 01-07-10, 04:17 PM   #6
3dkicker

(And the saga continues).........Bama sits nevously on the edge of the Zenith Barcalounger. He can hardly wait until kickoff. He wonders if Musberger will ever shut his yap. And Herbstreit running his pie hole about the Texas defense almosts causes Bama to throw a full can of Pabst at the tv. Mrs. Bama enters the room, begins to speak, but stops when she sees the look on Bama's face. It's game time. And she knows to leave him alone at this hour.........(kick off is next!).
Old 01-07-10, 05:07 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Got home early cause of snow c-rig. Be here GLUED to the tv all day long. ROLL TIDE ROLL!
We had a sick baby sitter today so I left work early to pick Lake up. Home now and looking foward to hearing from you John.
Old 01-07-10, 05:40 PM   #8
bamabassman

HEY KORY! Have ya'll got lake's outfit ready? Hahahahahahahaha. 4 more hours man....... as you and everyone that i have a number to can tell, I AM READY!
Old 01-07-10, 06:24 PM   #9
bamabassman

OK, BEFORE WE GET TOO INVOLVED IN THIS I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.

FIRST; YES I AM AN ALABAMA FAN TO THE CORE.
SECOND; CAROLINA-RIG IS A TEXAS FAN TO THE CORE.
THIRD; KORY AND I ARE THE BEST OF FRIENDS.
FOURTH; THIS GAME WIN OR LOSE FOR EITHER OF US IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE THAT.EVER!

I joke and play about BAMA football. But friends are more important to me than this. All of this is in GOOD CLEAN FUN. Never will i EVER let it interfear with my relationship with kory. i do take BAMA football to heart, but not to my soul. FRIENDS i take to my soul along with GOD.

I love the playing and joking around here. AND i am a good sport. Who else can and WILL laugh at hisself? I WILL! I can take it..........GLADLY!

Just wanted to say this so that some of the other members that don't know or are new understand what is happening here.

NOW............. BACK TO THE FUN!
Old 01-07-10, 06:42 PM   #10
3dkicker

I don't know but it sounds like someone is about to take a WHOOOPIN and it ain't C-rig!!! (and I'm just having a great time stirring the pot!)
Old 01-07-10, 07:25 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
FIRST; YES I AM AN ALABAMA FAN TO THE CORE.
SECOND; CAROLINA-RIG IS A TEXAS FAN TO THE CORE.
THIRD; KORY AND I ARE THE BEST OF FRIENDS.
FOURTH; THIS GAME WIN OR LOSE FOR EITHER OF US IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE THAT.EVER!
Just remember that after Texas gives you the whippin of a life time HAHAHAHAHAHA JK buddy.
Old 01-07-10, 08:58 PM   #12
bamabassman

Hahahaha! You just make sure lake has that outfit on pal!
Old 01-07-10, 09:04 PM   #13
3dkicker

We gonna see one of those bets made by the mayor's of the superbowl teams made here??? Or is something going on behind the scenes???
Old 01-07-10, 10:25 PM   #14
3dkicker

As the first quarter ends Bama stands up. Sweat stains are now showing on the pit edges of his favorite wife beater. How can this be??? His team is down 6 but could be down 14. He paces back and forth. Luckily McCoy took a shot and has been walked off to the locker room to be evaluated. But the Tide are driving and have the ball on the 1 yard line. "Ah!!! The second quarter starts and we're close, oh so close" he mumbles as he rubs his hands together leaning towards the tv........"ROLLLLLLLLTIDE ROLL! RAMMER JAMMER, YELLOW HAMMER, GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA!!!!" he screams as his team scores.
Old 01-07-10, 10:35 PM   #15
TN_Bassin

lol It's a lot better game than I thought it would be so far, Roll Tide!!!
Old 01-07-10, 11:18 PM   #16
bamabassman

Can you believe this game? All i will say is WOW! Without colt, texas is not in sync. They had us down and was ready to put on the coller for good, but man.....what a difference now. Texas lost their confidence without colt. Bama took advantage of it.
And i love it when a fat guy scores, lol.
Old 01-07-10, 11:29 PM   #17
TN_Bassin

When the fat guy scores it feels like I just caught the first fish of the year. And yes Colt McCoy was a detrimental loss to Texas, without their star QB to lead, it looks like a totally different team. Texas is having decent plays it's just that they haven't found the way to finish out the drive yet. Hopefully Gilbert will get his teams confidence up after they come out of the locker room.
Old 01-07-10, 11:34 PM   #18
3dkicker

Bama starts licking his barbque stained lips as the momentum turns in the second quarter. The Tide are rolling and with a long run the score increases to 14-6. Texas can't pass without McCoy and the defense has the Longhorn running game boxed in. It's late in the half and Texas picks up nine and calls time out with 15 seconds before half time. Musberger predicts doom and gloom for the Tide defense but Bama isn't listening. He's got his fingers crossed and he's repeating voodoo incantations at the tv. His black magic works as the freshman pitches a shuffle pass that is bobbled, picked, and returned for another TD.......Bama tosses his hands in the air spilling the bowl of GrandPaPa's Old Fashioned Pork Rinds. "Roll Tide Roll!" he shouts as the half ends.
The Tide leads into the third by three touchdowns but Shipley bursts down the middle and the freshman hooks up for the first Texas TD of the night. Bama sneers at the play and curses at the tv. He knows C-rig is now thinking of the comeback possiblities and the grief he'll suffer if the Tide let the Horns back into this game. A missed long field goal also gives Texas some life in the beginning of the 4th quarter. Texas begins another drive late in middle of the quarter with Shipley being the primary playmaker......Touchdown Shipley!!!!
Less than six minutes on the clock and Bama starts shouting at the tv "Put in Ingram!!!! He's got enough pickle juice in him!!" as he stomps on the spilt pork rinds grinding them into the carpet. Another drive stalls and the Tide must punt again giving Texas the ball deep in their own end of the field. Bama starts again with his ancient voodoo incantations and once again his black magic works as the freshman is hit from behind and loses the ball on the 3 yard line. Bama pumps his fist in the air. Ingram scores from the two and puts AlaBAMA ahead by 10 with two on the clock.
One more turnover by Texas and it's over!!!!! Alabama Crimson Tide have won their 13th National Championship.

Enjoy it Bama!

Last edited by 3dkicker; 01-08-10 at 01:06 AM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 01:39 AM   #19
carolina-rig-01

Well it was a great game. I was so mad at halftime that I almost turned the channel. I know that a lot of people will be talking about how big of a loss it was for Texas when McCoy got hurt, but I won't make excuses for our loss. Obviously had McCoy not got hurt Texas would have been a better football team but that is all part of football. I do however lay a lot of the blame for the loss on the fact that Texas couldn't catch the freaking football, they dropped way too many passes to have a chance of winning any game.........much less a National Championship game. If Texas doesn't hand Bama the touchdown right before halftime with that shuffle pass and catch just a few of the passes that should have been caught I really believe that the game has a much different ending. But the fact is that Alabama played a great game on both sides of the ball and Texas had to run the ball way too much after McCoy got hurt to give Gilbert a chance to get comfortable and that resulted in way too many 3 and outs. Great game with a lot of late drama, what more could you ask for.

Don't worry John, I will pay off my bet soon.
Old 01-08-10, 01:41 AM   #20
bamabassman

Hahaha, 3d i got to tell ya man.....i was nervous as a cat in a dog cage full of pit bulldogs,lmao. We won the game, but TEXAS did not give up one bit. My heart is still pounding. 13 is done. This game was all it was built up to be and more. back and forth, up and down. BOTH teams played fantastic. A classic game for the ages. tIP MY CAP TO texas, THEY PLAYED A GREAT GAME. But we got the glass on the way home to ALA-FREAKN-BAMA! Lucky 13!

And Kory, i know you will buddy. No rush pal.
Old 01-08-10, 12:00 PM   #21
WTL

I thought I should just pop in, say hello to bassfishin.com from Titletown, Alabama.

Its gonna take a while for this to sink in.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 05:18 PM   #22
bamabassman

Everyone knows that colt got knocked out of the game. I jsut found out that McElroy played the entire game with broken ribs he suffered from the florida game. This is why BAMA didn't throw the ball too much last night. And it doesn't take me too long to sink in....hahahaha, just feels good to be back "HOME".
Old 01-08-10, 06:06 PM   #23
3dkicker

Anybody hear what the official injury to McCoy was??? If it was a minor injury then the pro teams may want to look elsewhere for a QB in the upcoming draft.
Old 01-08-10, 06:11 PM   #24
TN_Bassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Anybody hear what the official injury to McCoy was??? If it was a minor injury then the pro teams may want to look elsewhere for a QB in the upcoming draft.

Did you not hear him stuttering after the game? Apparently his arm is dead (his exact wording)
Old 01-08-10, 06:24 PM   #25
3dkicker

His explanation isn't a diagnosis or any injury I have ever heard of. Was it a stinger (commonly caused by the nerve bundle being compressed)? Subluxation? AC sprain?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.