Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-05, 04:47 PM   #26
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDammit
I'm sorry, I just can't believe they are over-rated or "done in" now. I can catch fish after fish after fish and can even catch the same fish up to 3 times from the same spot on a Tiki when I can't catch anything on spinners, other plastics, cranks, topwater, anything I have that I can throw at a particular situation.
They may not be done in, but they are over rated. I know from expirementing and compareing them to other soft baits, that they are not as good as some would want me to believe. I'm sure others will disagree with me, but I respect their openions.
River stumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-05, 07:58 PM   #27
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

okay i went fishing today and nothin was workin,i decided to use that tiki.first cast i get a little 1 pounder that inhaled my hook almost.ripped my wormm too.about 15 minutes later i get this huge 5 pounder that just barely got hooked,then i caught about three more two pounders in the last 3 hours.i regret saying tikis are overated
cause thier not anymore,my color was my trusty watermelon red flake
Old 08-27-05, 08:44 PM   #28
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It all boils down to one thing regardless of the bait: Confidence. Why, I really don't know, but the more confidence you have in a bait the more fish you catch on it.
Old 08-27-05, 10:08 PM   #29
River stumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh51501
okay i went fishing today and nothin was workin,i decided to use that tiki.first cast i get a little 1 pounder that inhaled my hook almost.ripped my wormm too.about 15 minutes later i get this huge 5 pounder that just barely got hooked,then i caught about three more two pounders in the last 3 hours.i regret saying tikis are overated
cause thier not anymore,my color was my trusty watermelon red flake
Sounds like they caught good fish for you. Enjoy them. I'm not going to stop fishing them, because they do catch fish. I'v caught fish on them the last two times we went out, they worked good for us, but no better than the culprit. I will use both until I use up the tike. Happy fishing.
Old 08-27-05, 11:02 PM   #30
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
It all boils down to one thing regardless of the bait: Confidence. Why, I really don't know, but the more confidence you have in a bait the more fish you catch on it.
once i caught that first one my confidence went to ding to dong all in a matter of seconds
Old 08-28-05, 02:37 AM   #31
haynesn12
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to haynesn12

the reason i like them is becuase i usually can catch a bass on a stick bait like senko's,tiki's yum dingers, sticko's when the other baits arnt working. the only reason i used tiki's more was because they were cheaper but now i use alot of bps sticko's because you get 20 for 4.99 and the colors are good.
Old 08-28-05, 02:41 AM   #32
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by River stumps
They may not be done in, but they are over rated. I know from expirementing and compareing them to other soft baits, that they are not as good as some would want me to believe. I'm sure others will disagree with me, but I respect their openions.
the thing with me is that I use all the popular sticks. I've got some Yum Dingers, Tiki's, Yamamoto's, and Kinami's in my tackle box right now. I've had Strike Kings before and thought about buying some of these edge lure stickbaits I see at Wal-Mart. I don't care what the brand is, I know they'll all catch fish..but I buy different brands to get the different colors that aren't available in one brand in my area.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-05, 08:30 AM   #33
River stumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDammit
the thing with me is that I use all the popular sticks. I've got some Yum Dingers, Tiki's, Yamamoto's, and Kinami's in my tackle box right now. I've had Strike Kings before and thought about buying some of these edge lure stickbaits I see at Wal-Mart. I don't care what the brand is, I know they'll all catch fish..but I buy different brands to get the different colors that aren't available in one brand in my area.
While my friend and I were campareing the two baits. We also were trying other things. We had several different worms on the boat. We cuts the tails off mr twister, the culprit and several other that we carry with us. We wished these wacky and t-rig and they were actually catching more fish than the tiki. I'm not trying to degrade the Tiki stick. Just trying to save you guys some money. We did our school work with it and proved to ourselves that it is over rated and over priced, and no better than the average worm.
Old 08-28-05, 12:11 PM   #34
haynesn12
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to haynesn12

i dont how see how you can call a bait overrated just because you did somthing and it worked better for you. just because you do somthing in your area dosnt mean it'll out fish a stick bait in my area or anyone elses. and if you think a tiki is overpriced what do you call a senko?
Old 08-28-05, 12:16 PM   #35
chuck n
BassFishin.Com Member

This is my take on plastics in general. Visually, a Tiki Stick is just a length of plastic with color added. This is no different than any other piece of plastic in my tackle box. Now the length of bait at times makes a difference and appendages ie: curly tails, paddle tails, legs etc. can enhance or discourage a bite. Like Rebbasser says, confidence, confidence, confidence is the biggest factor. Why? Because when you have confidence in that bait you'll find yourself concentrating much more on conditions, placement, presentation, retrieve and all the other important factors in catching fish. Years ago, all I ever threw was a #4 Mepps white bucktail. This lure produced consistantly. There were days when it didn't but I just figured the fish weren't biting. This lure could probably catch fish again today if only I had the confidence to throw it. LOL
Old 08-28-05, 12:29 PM   #36
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynesn12
i dont how see how you can call a bait overrated just because you did somthing and it worked better for you. just because you do somthing in your area dosnt mean it'll out fish a stick bait in my area or anyone elses. and if you think a tiki is overpriced what do you call a senko?
WHO EVER SAID THAT TIIS WERE EXSPENSIVE GET OFF WHAR EVVER MEDICATION YOUR TAKING,SENKOSARE 75 CENTS A POP AND YOU CAN ONLY GET ONE FISH ON THEM BECAUSE THEY TEAR UP SO EASILY.TIKIS HOWEVER ONLY COST 30 CENTS AND YOU CAN CATCH TWO OR THREE ON ONE

3 REASONS WHY TIKIS ARE BETTER THAN SENKOS
1.THEY ARE BETTER,AND CATCH MORE FISH PERIOD
2.THEY ARE CHEAPER
3.THEY LAST LONGER
Old 08-28-05, 03:02 PM   #37
KenDammit

I've got no problems paying 2.92 for some Tiki Sticks. Spinners cost me 3-6 dollars, cranks are anywhere from 3-9 dollars. I'd suspect they are one of the cheapest things I buy.

Not every day is a tiki stick day, sometimes you need ribbontails, u-tails, and the many different other kinds of tails. They won't ever be left behind by me though because I know if I want to catch a fish, I can put one on and it won't take too long. It all depends on the spot I'm fishing as to what I use, but man I can't rule out baits that I know do catch fish.
Old 08-28-05, 03:09 PM   #38
KH.

well lizard tails have been workin too
Old 08-28-05, 04:44 PM   #39
River stumps

Sorry fellows! I don't have an axe to grind with anyone on this board. I just gave my openion just like you and everyone else is doing on this forum, and in noway way was I trying to be arguementitive. And I'm sorry if anyone was offended about the comments I made about the Tiki. Have a good day and enjoy your fishing.
Old 08-28-05, 05:23 PM   #40
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River stumps
Sorry fellows! I don't have an axe to grind with anyone on this board. I just gave my openion just like you and everyone else is doing on this forum, and in noway way was I trying to be arguementitive. And I'm sorry if anyone was offended about the comments I made about the Tiki. Have a good day and enjoy your fishing.

never be arguementitive about tikis there nothin to argue about,

heres a tip of advice, never again say anything bad about the tiki or someone
on this site will kick your bass.never say anthing over(overated,priced ect.)
unless its over good.

just a little advice lol
Old 08-28-05, 06:18 PM   #41
454ss

I have nothing bad to say about tikis but for me kinamis just produce more fish i have no idea why and they are expensive lol. I still have never used senkos. And the thing i have used that relates closest to the tiki for me is the BPS stick-o. Just my 0.02 cents.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-05, 06:19 PM   #42
KenDammit

I'd just like to say I didn't feel you were arguing, and I was not offended in any way. Everyone has their own opinions about what works and what doesn't, and thats fine.
Old 08-28-05, 06:25 PM   #43
KH.

how much are kinamis at walmart i didnt look last time i went
Old 08-28-05, 06:36 PM   #44
KenDammit

I think they were....3.96 or something like that..for a pack of 6
Old 08-28-05, 07:20 PM   #45
KH.

well thats better than senkos
Old 08-28-05, 07:25 PM   #46
River stumps

Quote:
never be arguementitive about tikis there nothin to argue about,

heres a tip of advice, never again say anything bad about the tiki or someone
on this site will kick your bass.never say anthing over(overated,priced ect.)
unless its over good.

just a little advice lol
Im 64 years of age and I've been fishing for lot of years, and I'm wise enough to know what is the truth and what is not the truth and I Will voice my openion if I have something good that will help the younger generation. And some will listen and some will refuse to let you teach them anything. And when you have as many years and caught as many bass, then you can qualify to give me advice about how to catch bass and what to use to catch them. But on the other hand there are some of you that are going to be good bassers, and I know that from the way your post. So to all of you young fisherman. Good luck and happy fishing.
Old 08-28-05, 07:34 PM   #47
KH.

how did you know i was young im older than you
Old 08-28-05, 08:03 PM   #48
River stumps

Quote:
well thats better than senkos
I knew because I'm wise and much older. I was once a young teen ager myself. Bless you and happy fishing.
Old 08-28-05, 08:09 PM   #49
KH.

im kiddin your older than me im only 13 and im not wise lol
Old 08-28-05, 08:26 PM   #50
River stumps

Quote:
im kiddin your older than me im only 13 and im not wise lol
You will be if you just keep your nose to the grind. Stay in School and learn all you can. Make education your first priorty. I'm a father of three School Teachers (Three Girls) When they were younger in their teens, I would take them fishing. We would get up early and go to the lake or river, and we would have a nice time on the water. They are much older today and they stll like for me to take them fishing. Once in a great while, one of the girls will ask me to take her fishing. And I will, she dosen't care too much for bass fishing so we go brim or crappie fishing. I think she just want's to be alone with me to remenise about the good old days when we would fish. I'm so glad I got them into the sport of fishing when they were young. But now I go with another friend who is about my age. He is a good fisherman. We went out the other day and caught some nice hawgs. Caught them on culprits and Tikis. Well young man it's been a pleasure chatting with you. If ever I can help you, just give ma a buzz. Happy fishing to you.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.