Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-11, 10:51 AM   #26
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettvet View Post
A lot of things in western Kentucky are flooded. We have had 11 inches of rain from last Friday night until this past Tuesday. The only damage I have had is some lost shingles that I never found. The Ohio River is now against the flood wall at Paducah. Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake will set record levels this weekend (all the boat ramps are under water and so are the parking lots). People in small towns in this area have their homes in the water. There has been so much death and destruction in the last week across this great Country that it is unreal. We should all take a moment and pray for everyone affected.
Man, you ain't kidding. On the way home yesterday, I drove past my house up to Blue Grass FWA, just to see how it's doing. I couldn't even get near it. The road to it is closed, and all of the pits now form one big pit. And that's 10 miles from the Ohio. I bet if you had a shallow jon, you could pole yourself all the way from I-64 to the Ohio here in E'ville.

On an added note, I got home, and raced to mow my front yard before the visibly approaching storms hit. Not one second after I mowed the last square foot there was a lightning strike about a quarter mile away. That's it...I'm done. We got pea-sized hail for the next 15 minutes, combined with 40-50 mph winds. The coup de grace was when the sun came out...we got a nice double rainbow...(WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?!? )

Sakes alive, is our weather all screwed up this year. Take care of yourself, Alabama guys.
Old 04-29-11, 05:59 PM   #27
bamabassman

HEY GANG!!! MAN.............WHAT A WEEK IT HAS BEEN, WAIT........ony 3 days of the week, feels like a year.

lisa and i are A-OK folks. no damage at all but folks real close to us are having the worst of it. the small city of RAINSVILLE wa hit as hard as CULLMAN AND T-TOWN. 32 comfirmed dead as of right now. the found about 30 bodies laying scattered across a feild i was told by rescue workers. temperary mourgs have been set up. they are just taking photos (for families to identify),tagging and bagging them. things in ft payne are fine. mostly jsut trees down on roadways. been sawing up trees everyday. hauing them off the roads to be picked up later next week. we asked if we could help rainsville, they said thanks but they had so many folks already we would be in the way. can't understand how they can turn down our backhoes, loaders and trucks but ok. it is a tense situation right now and i am sure we will be over there next week when they get more organized. but i JUST now got phone and interenet service. got to see what is the deal witht he satelite next. we ahve a generator and so we have our food saved (thaks FEMA form ivan when we lived in south bama and hurricane IVAN). and our power wil be on probably next week (tuesday or wednesday?)

don't know what the conditions are at wheeler yet. the state park in guntersville (campground area) was hit hard as well. rumors are they are still trying to cut their way to the people in there. another rumor is there are folks trapped in their campers with trees on top of them, may be some deaths there as well. ya'l may know more than i since i have jsut gotten service.

i am gonna try to call wheeler and see what is going on there. keep oyur fingers crossed ok?

alright, gotta call dish network and see if i can get some tv going. take care folks and THANK YOU for praying for us here in the heart of dixie. GOD BLESS YA'LL!!!!
Old 04-29-11, 07:54 PM   #28
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Glad to hear you're alright John, and glad to see even a mess of Tornadoes can't keep you away for long.

We've heard from our relatives in Cullman, and they're all ok. Minimal damage to their property, but they said there's a lot of stuff just demolished...

BB
Old 04-30-11, 10:51 PM   #29
bamabassman

good to hear about oyu family anthony. i was thining of them. we lost phone lines again and got it back today. now just waiting on the satelitte people to come...........monday of course. but all is good.

cullman, t-town, rainsville i think were the most damaged areas from what little info i can gaterh thus far. keep up the prayers gang. we got lots of folks that need it still.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.