Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-10, 09:55 PM   #1
jr.ego
BassFishin.Com Member

Lightbulb Topwater snakes?

Alright, here they are:

http://www.bogbaits.com/index.php?ac...od&productId=7

this is a different brand but same concept and a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZtnroagMkk

I'm just curious to see if anyone has used any of these. On the bog bait website they run about 5.99, which i don't really think is too expensive, given a spro frog or something of that nature will run you about $10 anyways. But if anyone has used them let me know I want to know if they're worth giving a shot. I fish at a local quarry and there are snake holes everywhere so I would assume that a bait as such wouldn't strike odd to a fish. Thanks
jr.ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 09:31 AM   #2
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I've made snakes by welding old lizard heads to worms, mostly ribbon tailed worms and have had some good results swimming them on top around trees and mudlines. To get more of a snake profile, I usually add an extra worm body to get the longer appearance.
They can be very effective. And since I'm using mostly worn parts and pieces, very inexpensive.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 10:16 AM   #3
tarpon120

I've had good luck in the past with an old snake lure that had a hard head with a soft body that replacable. Can no longer find a replacement lure, will order some bogbaits and give them a shot.
tarpon120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 12:38 PM   #4
geezer1

Contrary to common belief, snakes don't make holes. They will live in a hole that something else has made, but are incapable of making one themselves. Because of their location, I would guess those holes are made by crawfish. If there are a lot of them I would be inclined to fish that water with crawfish type baits. That is one meal a hungry Bass would rarely pass up. I do know that Bass eat snakes. I've seen it. There is a lake in our area (Choke Canyon) that is loaded with snakes. Snakes are part of the regular diet of the Bass in that lake. Large plastic worms (& snakes) are very successful there.
geezer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 10:18 PM   #5
jr.ego
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the help. Mac how do you go about welding baits together? I have blow torches, will that do the trick? Or do I need a welder?
jr.ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:19 AM   #6
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.ego View Post
Thanks for the help. Mac how do you go about welding baits together? I have blow torches, will that do the trick? Or do I need a welder?
Soldering iron...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.